GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide input on this event? Two friends and I are heading up to LaCrosse for 4 days of riding roads that are just a little too far away for day rides for us and one of them came across this event, which could put a damper on our plans.

We're not adverse to other riders, but wonder about numbers of riders who attend this event. Are we going to have trouble finding a motel? Has this event had any trouble associated with it in the past?

TIA

http://www.midwestmotorcyclerally.com/rides.html

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
i was there during the rally a few years ago, nice folks, not a big crowd, i don't think it has a big effect on motel availability, nice area to ride thats forsure :thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
We rode in the LaCrosse area last year. The Route 33, through Wildcat Mountain, has been referred to as the little Deals Gap of the midwest. Very nice riding.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Beautiful area to ride. Just a thought...if you're in the area on Sunday, you could stop at the Rockton Tavern in Rockton, for charcoal chicken. Lots of motorcycles show up for this. I haven't been there for a couple of years but a nice ride and pretty good food. It's south of 33 at Ontario on 131. Some call ahead to reserve a meal, I never have and have not had a problem. Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone give the nearest intersection on Hwy 131 for the Rockton Tavern?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disregard I found it on Co P south of Wong Rd....Wong Rd, what's the story with that name in the middle of Wisconsin? :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Disregard I found it on Co P south of Wong Rd....Wong Rd, what's the story with that name in the middle of Wisconsin? :lol:
No idea why it's called Wong rd but right there is a store that sells animal skin products. Neat to look around in there. You can get fox skin hats or sheep skins, etc. Looks like nice quality stuff if you're into that sort of thing!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rode that area last weekend. It's great. Stop at a visitor center and get maps of Kashton Co. and La Cross area (riding loop's are listed with with miles - nice to have when the wife asks "how long will it take"). Center at Riverfront Park is a good place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts