GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? I wanted to take this opportunity to actually introduce myself to the members of these boards. Ive been monitoring the forums for a few weeks now, ever since I got confirmation of purchase for a Black, '07 Wing with navi/comfort package, 7900 miles and tons of extras, and I'm excited to be able to post within this community.
Im 29, have been riding street bikes for over 10 years now, and am complimenting my 1500 Kawasaki Mean Streak -custom- with the "new" Wing. I picked up the bike last weekend in Atlanta, and my first introductory ride was the ~850 mile ride back home to South Jersey. I hadnt ever ridden a GoldWing before, but had been admiring them for a few years after a trip to Lake George NY. My wife was no longer comfortable riding on the "seat" that the Mean Streak provided, and the fact that i dropped the suspension 2 inches didnt help (looks good though). It worked out for me in the end, since she loves riding and she was actually pushing me to go out and buy a second bike.
Ive still got my loud piped, head turning, bar hopper in case Im in the mood to get some attention, but the Wing is a perfect compliment for long rides and a happy wife.
I was able to ride 13 hours through the Mid-Atlantic without feeling any discomfort (other than the Georgia Sun) at all. Since Ive had it home, the weather has been a bit uncooperative so havent had a chance to take the Wing out too much, but im anxiously awaiting the sun!
Hopefully ill have some interesting stories and a few lies to tell on these boards going forward, but i wanted to start out by saying that I love my Wing!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Atta Boy:thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.
Ill try to figure out this picture situation and see what I can post up here...

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WELCOME from Michigan!

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Hi Sojerz! Welcome to the world of Goldwings. Get the bike ready Sunday is supposed to be nice in Jersey and Monday is supposed to be even nicer. If you're ever up around Hunterdon County and want to do some riding, give me a shout.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Congrats on the new ride. Glad you are enjoying it thus far.

Ride safely.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome! I think your wife will like this one.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
What do you mean hot in Ga. ??
I was in Jersey on our Wing in July and it was close to 100 degrees.:x

And, Security at Stature Of Liberty State Park Ferry, took my Pocket Knife Away from me. :shrug:

Beside all that, our roads are better than yours.:thumbup:

I think you have already found out that you are going to like the Wing Experience.

Welcome to the Forum. Anytime you need anything, all you have to do is ask.

Good folks here who will always try to help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad ta have ya on board. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah Harry... July was a tough month for you to be coming through Jersey. But all I can say about my ride was that it was 90 degrees at 10 am when I left GA and it was barely 70 when i got home at 11:30 that night.
My ride home significantly improved around 3:30 once the sun moved from right over head. Still a great ride, and one I'm looking forward to doing again sometime.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on your GL and welcome to the fun!

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Welcome to the board, congratulations on the new bike.

Do yourself a favor and put the year of your bike in a signature. That way you won't have to remember to tell everyone what year your bike is when you ask for help. The GL1800's are quite different depending on the year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts