GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started with the service, and after my trip as complete, is seems to disappear??? No way to save trips after complete? I can only see active trips?

Help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I think you're talking about the official Spot site. Your tracks will disappear after a month or so unless you load them into spotwalla or some other alternative place.

Spotwalla is a separate, free service / site which allows you to maintain your tracks / trips on a site separate from the Spot site. It utilizes google maps. Once you establish a free spotwalla account you link the spot account with it, and after you complete a trip transfer the tracks to a new "trip" in spotwalla and you will be able to preserve the tracks beyond the 30 days the spot site keeps them.

I have trips on spotwalla that are several years old.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had only done a one day test.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=38c34e73cbd6c5428&showInfo=yes

After it hit the end date yesterday this is what it shows...might be due to it being and start end sate same day...Ill try one next week for a few days

thanks for the help!

PS, unitl it hit the end time I did have the trip logged, and viewed it ok.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Also check the time stamp for the trip...make sure the time goes for the entire day. If it is something like 0:00 to 0:00, it won't include any logs.

I've done a trip in the past and created the Spotwalla trip after the fact, which worked. You could try and create a new trip with the correct date range and see if that works as a test...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts