GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Mighty Vac, read the instructions, pretty basic, and went to work changing my brake fluids. However, I had problems. Everytime I operated the handle brake fluid would shoot out from a little hole near the pressure gauge. It would pull very little vacuum. Am I doing something wrong or is this a faulty unit? Thanks

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Try pumping slower. Mine will do that if I pump fast.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I know it will do that if the container gets full or if you allow the container to turn upside down where fluid would gather on the lid. Fluid basically has to get drawn into the small hole adjacent to the suction hole in the lid.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Makes a mess huh??

Clean it all up, get all the fluid out of the hoses, use something to hold that little light fluid catch container upright. Jar, box and bungee cord, something.

Never let it fill to the top and never let any fluid get in the suction hose between the catch container and the vacuum pump.

Or it will leak just like it is doing now.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took the advice from a few of the replies here, thanks a lot. Seems my problem WAS pilot error. I had the container laying sideways on the garage floor, I know now that it doesn't like that position. I just thought as long as the jar had room in it and the lid was on tight it would still work. When I hold the jar straight up and pump slow it DOES work. Oh well, I feel a little foolish ( not the first time ). Thanks again for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts