GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy a MightyVac, are you pretty much locked into using it for only one type of fluid/application?

My point being this: If you use it to bleed your brakes, you don't want any brake fluid in it when you use it to fill your final drive.

Here is a description of the MightyVac as per Cycle Gear's web site. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=2&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=PAR_DS-310207

The Mighty Vac allows one person to bleed the brakes quickly and efficiently at the wheel, without having to put pressure on the brake pedal. A reservoir jar attaches to the handle of the Mighty Vac and catches the "bled-out" fluid. The Mighty Vac also converts into a handy pump that can be used to add fluid to transmissions and final drives. The Mighty Vac comes with clear tubing, a variety of bleeder valve fittings, a reservoir jar, and a detailed instruction manual.
Even if you have multiple reservoir jars, I can't see how you would completely clear the pump of all the previous fluid that it was used for... because cross contamination of fluids in a Goldwing can't be a good thing, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
While I've only used mine for brake fluid, it should not be a big deal to clean it out with either soap and water or alcohol. Cleaning the tubing with compressed air should remove 99.99% of any remaining fluid.

Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts