GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the WingDing I was able to take plenty of time to try our several models of the MOPs at the owner's booth. I had extensively researched their web site, and every other source I could find. Never woulda thought it, but once I could actually try them while sitting on a bike, the DD model is the only one for me. The DD is the one that turns the peg inboard, and many have said they fear their feet getting trapped in them. I do not see that as likely, since I wouldn't use them in heavy traffic, but only when cruising on an open road.

At any rate, the DDs just feel right. The owner said DD was the original model, and all others came later, in attempt to satisfy rider preferences. Now, if I can just come up with the coin to buy them. Maybe put them on my Christmas list. LOL

Reactions: RickLB and Monk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Only the HS model fits the 2018+ GoldWings.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have some since Wing Ding last year had first pair on new model and it’s not those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Joe has his listed as a 2008, they fit that model just fine, but I did better with the outward pegs on my 2002. On my 2018, the pegs are good, but limit lean angle quite a bit as the mount block contacts pavement. I plan on playing with it to see if I can rotate it more upward, but so far they seem to be happy in just that one place.

prs

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
468 Posts
Joe has his listed as a 2008, they fit that model just fine, but I did better with the outward pegs on my 2002. On my 2018, the pegs are good, but limit lean angle quite a bit as the mount block contacts pavement. I plan on playing with it to see if I can rotate it more upward, but so far they seem to be happy in just that one place.

prs
After seeing some on a 2018 I would think that if the mounting blocks are dragging you’d be out of lean angle?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry folks, dunno how I stumbled into the 2018 Group when I opened this thread. I have learned from the experience, and believe I am a better person now. LOL

·
15 year Member
6,898 Posts
It OK Joe,
But by the looks of your avatar, you may need an intervention.....

God speed my motorcycling brother.....

Mattbcnv

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
After seeing some on a 2018 I would think that if the mounting blocks are dragging you’d be out of lean angle?
Well, I reckon so by definition; but, with the blocks out of the way you get several more degrees of lean before other hard parts hit pavement and if those hard parts were gone you could lean even more. The limit as defined by tire traction would be much greater; but this is a touring bike and not a racer (well, maybe some of us "lean" that way).

prs

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
468 Posts
@Pigeon Roost I’ve got drag marks on the driver foot pegs and the plastic covers over the crash bars, so I know what you mean by ‘ well, maybe some of us "lean" that way’

1 - 9 of 9 Posts