GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Manual says 16,000 miles, but I am already beyond that on the original plugs with no problems. Runs as good as the day I bought it.

Autos today (with FI and electronic ign like the 1800 has) go 100,000 plus on plugs.

IMHO changing plugs at 16,000 is a waste of time and money. Sometimes I think Honda has stock in NGK.

Ride safe.

G

·
I changed at 72k and could have really changed at 100k as the plugs I took out liked just as good as the ones that went in. I noticed no difference after the change what so ever.

·
Registered
19,442 Posts
$10 every 16,000 miles. I change my plugs

Now oil I dont change but every 70,000 miles-HA HA HA

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Book says 16,000. I had 32000 on two sets, and last set I put in the Iriduim NGKs at about six bucks a hole. Now it runs just as good as it did when I had the stock plugs with 32000. Starts just as easy, too.

If we want to get all the life out of a plug, I think we will have to put them in new machines to finish wearing them out.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I ran the OE plugs till 32k miles.

changed spark plugs , valve clearance check, brake pads front & rear all at the same time

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I installed my second set when it hit 202,000 miles, been getting 100k per set and they actually still look and perform well when I pull them. Plugs will last a long time these days.

Am I cheap ??? I don't think so, bought a Wing didn't I ?? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts