GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhite! way to go brother, Im jealous. someone is getting their money's worth. how about a list of the trips youve taken and estimated mileage for each one.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Wow! and I thought I was riding alot with 55,678 on the clock................. (but mines a 2010) I have 8 years more riding time, and you still beat me

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We ride a lot! My wife rides a Spyder, and we go to 10 rallies a year. Currently in Texas, at a rally, then to Florida for a benefit rally. Deland , Florida, 31,1-2 November. The road Warriors are a Non profit that takes disabled vets on an epic motorcycle ride. They fit the Spyders with hand/foot controls to accommodate the veterans disability. The goal is to get these vets engaged in something. Our vets are committing suicide at a rate of 22 a day! So, anything we can do, we do. I’m a retired Mustang Captain. I have been a Legionaire for 30 years. The American Legion does more for Vets than anybody else. Between the Legion and the road Warriors, we try to give back. Our trips this year have been to NOLA, MO, CA, WA, UT, SD, OK, UT, TX, and FL. One more to NM, then CA for the international motorcycle show. I ride everyday, and own a small business, and am a MSF ridercoach. I also teach Three wheels for Total Control. So, we are pretty immersed in things motorcycle. After a full Army career, and a full heavy industry career, this 3rd career is for fun and benevolence. Doing what we love makes work a joy! Our 2500 miles a month is the best time! Riding is relaxing and exhilarating at the same time! Having a wife who rides her own is A blessing! So, we are both lucky, and living the dream! Living in Las Vegas is also a treat! We ride every day. Why we moved here! Carpe Diem!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It sounds like you ride just a little more in a year than I do. I put on about 23K-25K miles in a year and that is now split between 2 bikes (2010 & 2010 ). This year, I will hit the 25K mark because I have already put 10K on my 2010 and 14K on the 2018. I only have about another 9K to go on my 2010 to hit the 200K mark on it (bought new in Dec. 2011). My March purchase of the 2018 this year kept me from hitting that mark this year. But I will hit it next year as it will likely be the one for my Ala. trip and not the "ST1800". The 2018 will have to prove to me that the handlebar relocation effort is enough to not arrive back home in pain after a 2,500 mile 3.5 day ride like I did last month before it will see Alabama again.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
We ride a lot! My wife rides a Spyder, and we go to 10 rallies a year. Currently in Texas, at a rally, then to Florida for a benefit rally. Deland , Florida, 31,1-2 November. The road Warriors are a Non profit that takes disabled vets on an epic motorcycle ride. They fit the Spyders with hand/foot controls to accommodate the veterans disability. The goal is to get these vets engaged in something. Our vets are committing suicide at a rate of 22 a day! So, anything we can do, we do. I’m a retired Mustang Captain. I have been a Legionaire for 30 years. The American Legion does more for Vets than anybody else. Between the Legion and the road Warriors, we try to give back. Our trips this year have been to NOLA, MO, CA, WA, UT, SD, OK, UT, TX, and FL. One more to NM, then CA for the international motorcycle show. I ride everyday, and own a small business, and am a MSF ridercoach. I also teach Three wheels for Total Control. So, we are pretty immersed in things motorcycle. After a full Army career, and a full heavy industry career, this 3rd career is for fun and benevolence. Doing what we love makes work a joy! Our 2500 miles a month is the best time! Riding is relaxing and exhilarating at the same time! Having a wife who rides her own is A blessing! So, we are both lucky, and living the dream! Living in Las Vegas is also a treat! We ride every day. Why we moved here! Carpe Diem!
Thanks for honoring our Brothers. I attended your service in Utah, with the PGR. Well done Sir.:smile2:

·
Registered
712 Posts

Great post, what trike brand are you riding, guessing your wire rides the RT Spyder, yes, the best of both worlds. I have high hopes of attending Deland. Congrats on all those happy miles.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She rides a F3T Spyder. She had an RT, but after 123K, decided her hips like the F3 better. I have a KTM SuperAdventure that has 77K. Fun!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Very Impressive! Ride Safe!

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
I almost did that in a year when I bought my first 2002... rode every chance I got, in Boston..... rode in all weather and put 46,000 on my wing the first year, smiled the whole friggin way.......

Congrats on your milestone....

Mattbcnv

1 - 17 of 17 Posts