GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
For some reason it looks scarier in the vidieo than it does when riding it. So far we rode it Ouray to Silverton and back and this summer from Durango and back, it was cool in June when we rode it, 43 degrees when we left Durango and 34 when we got to Silverton but we rode it early in the am think we left Durango around 6 am. I ride it kinda slow so I didn't want alot of traffic

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
great video Wingnutzz ! the big drop offs without any shoulder doesn't bother me when riding there but for some reason it sure gets my attention when watching the video

i'm anxiously looking forward to riding the million dollar hwy again someday :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Great video... Truly one of the great roads in America. Pictures do not do it justice!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice video. I have ridden that road several times and the drop offs with no guard rails are not conducive for a lot of site seeing other than straight ahead. I notice the rider in the video hugging the yellow centerline as I do when I ride in the outside drop off lane. It is a long way down with no trees to catch you along the way if you happen to go over the side. Just call me chicken.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for posting that Dave. I had no time for sight-seeing while chasing 2 Valks and an 1800, from California, last Sept on my way to RG10. Us flat landers have to concentrate on our riding when trying to keep up with you mountain men.

Richard

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Very good video! Thanks for posting!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts