GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of recording "copy control protected" cd's onto my MD recorder? I just bought the new Norah Jones cd,and i want some nice romantic valentines tunes for our Niagara falls hotel weekend. The sony "sonic stage" and "simple burner" won't let me copy it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think somebody posted on one of the boards somewhere (I don't remember who or where) that Real Player would also write to the Sony MD. I don't know, however, if it will do the copy protected thing or not. Might be worth a try if RP is already on your computer.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I think that the program is Music Match Jukebox, I could be wrong. The real beef is with the maker of the CD, not allowing owners of the CD to make a personal copy for their own use. :?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ricky said:
Is there any way of recording "copy control protected" cd's onto my MD recorder? I just bought the new Norah Jones cd,and i want some nice romantic valentines tunes for our Niagara falls hotel weekend. The sony "sonic stage" and "simple burner" won't let me copy it.
Try using a digital optical cable..out of your cd player to digital in on your mini disk. That is what I plan to do in the near future..The adaptor is available at any Target for $14. Comes with mini disk adaptor..GE part number #008000125. Then record one to one, no computer interface....since they are both digital it should work..I dont think you will get compression of music, but you should get it to record to a mini disk..Arent those mini disks great? Mine came with two remotes for $150 and a cigar adaptor...let us know if it works..Later dude..

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use a digital optical cable from Radio Shack ($5.95) to go from my Bose to my Sony MN-Z510CK recorder. Load the Bose cartridge with 6 cds, start both units and take off for a nice ride :) When I come back I have 5 hours of music recorded.

.. Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts