GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0339.PNG

That's a 19 on the OTHER side of 0. Oh, I'm not going outside for a ride today. I'll just ride on the net'.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah..that is a bit tooo brisk! Don't think the heated grips or seat would be helpful! :eek:4:

·
IronMan
17,472 Posts
BIKE WILL LAST FOREVER IF YA DONT RIDE IT !!!:surprise::smile2:>:)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BIKE WILL LAST FOREVER IF YA DONT RIDE IT !!!:surprise::smile2:>:)
Well then, I have a plan;
1-retire early
2-put tires on trailer
3-load bikes
4-plow snow away from trailer
5-remove plow from suburban
6-change plow tires for summer tires on suburban
7-hit the road for UNCLEJOHNS house
8-Camp in UJ's yard for the rest of winter
9-RIDE !!
10->:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
View attachment 166313

That's a 19 on the OTHER side of 0. Oh, I'm not going outside for a ride today. I'll just ride on the net'.
I just looked outside on my covered patio and my thermometer shows +20 degrees with the sun partially hitting it. Nothing like what you have but to us softies in West Texas, that's too cold to saddle up for this old cowboy.

Now, I know some of you northern eskimoes will get a chuckle out of a measly 20 degrees but all the electrics, including vest, grips, seat and even a foot warmer will not budge me to take a ride. Those are for 45 degrees or warmer, only.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked outside on my covered patio and my thermometer shows +20 degrees with the sun partially hitting it. Nothing like what you have but to us softies in West Texas, that's too cold to saddle up for this old cowboy.

Now, I know some of you northern eskimoes will get a chuckle out of a measly 20 degrees but all the electrics, including vest, grips, seat and even a foot warmer will not budge me to take a ride. Those are for 45 degrees or warmer, only.
Amen, there are other things to do when it's so cold. Even up here my limit for take-off temp is 29+. My old body just doesn't do 'chilled to the bone' anymore.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Yes it's a bit nippy but still able to get some short test rides in. It's amazing how much steam pours out of the pipes when it's -9 degrees.
We have one fellow nearby who rides all winter in all conditions as you can see.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Yes it's a bit nippy but still able to get some short test rides in. It's amazing how much steam pours out of the pipes when it's -9 degrees.
We have one fellow nearby who rides all winter in all conditions as you can see.

Their is a limit to craziness. Easy for me to say where it was a comfortable 28 deg. this morning. :wink2:

·
Banned
684 Posts
Just to clarify the picture above is not me - Not quite that cooky. The guy actually owns some 12 or 13 goldwings. 4 1800's and the rest are 1500's. He holds the unofficial record for miles ridden in 10 days. 15,000 to be exact. Yes that's 1500 miles per day. Guinness will not publish this as they can't condone lawless behavior.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just to clarify the picture above is not me - Not quite that cooky. The guy actually owns some 12 or 13 goldwings. 4 1800's and the rest are 1500's. He holds the unofficial record for miles ridden in 10 days. 15,000 to be exact. Yes that's 1500 miles per day. Guinness will not publish this as they can't condone lawless behavior.
First I saw the picture and said that guy is tough and nuts, now I read this and think he's several levels past both tough and nuts!:surprise:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Here in central Wisconsin yesterday at the time of this post we were at -14 .
Yikes! Once in a great while it drops below 40 here. When it does it makes a he!! of a mess with the bananas falling off the trees and all the dead pink flamingos. A guy can hardly ride the scoot to the local tiki bar, without slipping and sliding into a random mob of naked native women. :coffee1:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Yikes! Once in a great while it drops below 40 here. When it does it makes a he!! of a mess with the bananas falling off the trees and all the dead pink flamingos. A guy can hardly ride the scoot to the local tiki bar, without slipping and sliding into a random mob of naked native women. :coffee1:
All I got is :surprise: and :grin2::)

Reactions: Walrus

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slaps Walrus in the face and in his best Star Trek "bones" voice says...'snap out of it man, it's only January'. Oh, and it's 4 above, time to go for a ride...not.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's not cold till you fart snowflakes.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are they brown ?:grin2:
Every last one of them. :chef2:, sorry about the emoji it's the closest I could find to stinky. Well, guess if you eat that you could end up with brown snowflakes. LOL.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts