GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a Cycle Mgf. a few years back . They started in New Hope , MN. I think ?
My buddy and I have a bet for a Beer I say they are in bussiness And he says they moved ( we think Wayoming , Minnesota ) and went in bankruptcy the 2nd time .........any body know about the Mgf. They were building V- twins
I'ts for a SamAdams lol thanks

H

·
0 Posts
Where the initials EH? If so we have an expert in the product on this board.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Are you referrring to Excelsior/Henderson?

Excelsior/Henderson was re-born and after a few years just could not make it. Someone bought the rights to make bikes but I have heard a word for a couple of years.

The only other mortorcycle maker in Minnesota is Polaris Industries. They make the Victory and I believe right here in Minnesota. The Victory is beginning to be a great bike. Lots of people riding them now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are about 1800 surviving 1999-2000 Excelsior Hendersons
orphans out here

paid $19,000 new ..... :superman1: X

now selling for around $6,000.. :eek:4:
no abs , no air bag, no nav , no warranty

We are all hoping Hal sets up a board and parts/ service for us

Get one …. but just be ready to fix or repair daily

·
Registered
641 Posts
"Where the initials EH? If so we have an expert in the product on this board."

Hal: Make that 1 expert and one almost expert. I bought Lewis' 99 when he got the Jenny. Here it is...

Best,

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Where the initials EH? If so we have an expert in the product on this board.
yes sir

our own lewis

he has the shovel they used to break ground

and even the keys to the plant

but you need to go to the rest room to see a lot of it

and we all know polecats been in there !!!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I was in there but thought it too disrespectful to eliminate in a shrine. I held it till later.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hiya Polecat!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
2wing said:
There was a Cycle Mgf. a few years back . They started in New Hope , MN. I think ?
My buddy and I have a bet for a Beer I say they are in bussiness And he says they moved ( we think Wayoming , Minnesota ) and went in bankruptcy the 2nd time .........any body know about the Mgf. They were building V- twins
I'ts for a SamAdams lol thanks

Viper ..... makers of the Diablo ... they were in New Hope, but it appears they've moved.

http://www.vipermotorcycle.com/thecompany.html

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Patriot said:
.....The only other mortorcycle maker in Minnesota is Polaris Industries. They make the Victory and I believe right here in Minnesota. The Victory is beginning to be a great bike. Lots of people riding them now.
Offices in MN. Manufacturing is in Spirit Lake IA, http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ ... itLake.htm

I know this because I went to there Homehoming rally in July.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Vipers old office in New Hope was right across the street from mine. I had to hear them every afternoon testing bikes up and down the street. Good looking bikes. They moved about 4 months ago to Big Lake MN about 30 miles north-west.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts