GL1800Riders Forums banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
New Goldwing owner

Hi all,

Jeff from Brainerd/Baxter area here. Just traded my Electraglide for a 2006 Titanium Navi yesterday. Chilly ride to work this morning, but had to ride it! Comfort package helped.......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Brainerd in late Octobuur, could make Paul Bunyan freeze his tree knots off ! You'll love a Goldwing ......;)

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
26 deg F went I headed out for a ride this morning. Best part was no bugs on the windshield and lots of food and hot coffee at the dealership. :doorag:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mike from Prior Lake here.

Had been riding an St1300 for a number of years, but my wife wanted a "queen seat", so we casually started looking at used wings. About a month ago, I happened to stop at the Hitching Post in Fridley, on my way to Canada for a goose hunting trip. Turns out they had just taken an 03 ( Titanium) on trade with only 5000 miles! I made them a low offer, which I expected them to decline, but they accepted the offer. Since then, I sold the ST1300 to a buddy and have managed about 2000+ miles on the wing. Very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mark in Shakopee.
Silver 04
First winter with the Wing so I have tons of stuff i want to do. Just waiting on parts now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just checking in for 2013.

Don't forget the Spring and Fall Wisconsin Dells Rides (5/10 & 10/11) they are a must. What a great time, and group of people to get to know.:eek:4:

We (some south of the river riders) have started planning on several rides for

this year. We like BBQ lunches in Kansas City (crazy enough for anyone?
:eat2::wrong:).

Let us know if you want to join in.

See you on the road.

Ed (aka rdcapt)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kurt from the South Metro (Eagan) on a titanium 08

·
Registered
262 Posts
If fellow Minnesotans are getting ready, i guess I should get my projects done. Moonshine will be here soon.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
Brian from Alexandria, headed back to MN from AZ. Just hoping the ice is out and the weather warms up.
I was in Alexandria and Holmes City last Friday, May 3rd. The lakes were still ice covered. Was around Mille Lacs Lake today. There is some open water near the shore, but there is still lots of ice on the big lake. I seriously doubt the lakes in the far northern part of MN will be ice free by May 11th which is fishing season opener. :doorag:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from Roseville... just bought a new (to me) Titanium 2003 Wing with 12k miles. I love it! I plan on going "darkside" when the Metzler wears down.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Hello from Roseville... just bought a new (to me) Titanium 2003 Wing with 12k miles. I love it! I plan on going "darkside" when the Metzler wears down.
Welcome and congratulations!

12,000 miles, it's not even broke in yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
checking in

Steve from Minneapolis. New/used wing purchased in March this year. I don't know why I waited so long. Love the ride, and enjoy this great forum.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Welcome.

Nice to hear your enjoying your new ride.

... I don't know why I waited so long. Love the ride...
I had the same thoughts after buying my first 1800.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts