GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how do you adjust the rear view mirrors on the 1800? :oops: I've pushed as hard as I dare (don't want to break anything if I'm doing something wrong), but the mirrors barely move. I can't find anything in the Owner's Manual pertaining to the mirrors. Can anyone give an embarrassed rider some info?

Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
They do tend to be tough to adjust but at least that keeps them from moving around on there own. I had to adjust mine once when I took delivery of the bike almost 3 years ago, and to this day, I've never had to readjust them.

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
dd...... you are correct. You can loosen that single screw a little and the mirror will adjust easily. Once you get the mirror adjusted to your taste you can lock the screw down and never worry about it again! If you remove that same screw the mirror glass (?) can be removed!

·
Registered
441 Posts
ddking said:
Bob (Bear said:
:?: :?: :?:
:idea: :idea: :idea: In putting on his Tulsa mirror wings, a friend discovered that the mirrors flopped around when the screw was removed. Just thought it might help but I might be wrong.
You're not wrong. That's what I did when I put the Baker's on. It seemed like the best time to adjust them while they were still loose. I don't think I tightened them nearly as tight as the factory did though...

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
ddking said:
Bob (Bear said:
:idea: :idea: :idea: In putting on his Tulsa mirror wings, a friend discovered that the mirrors flopped around when the screw was removed. Just thought it might help but I might be wrong.
OK... Ya learn something every day!

When I put on my Tulsa mirror wings I really didn't take it out and look at the mechanism, but I thought the screw just held the mechanism in place, and the friction adjustment mechanism was a separate thing. However, if loosening the screw allows the mirror to adjust easier that's good news. (I wish they would put stuff like this in the owner's manual!)

Thanks for the info. :s27:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Bob (Bear said:
ddking said:
[quote="Bob (Bear, DE)":3pobs1y8]
OK... Ya learn something every day!

When I put on my Tulsa mirror wings I really didn't take it out and look at the mechanism, but I thought the screw just held the mechanism in place, and the friction adjustment mechanism was a separate thing. However, if loosening the screw allows the mirror to adjust easier that's good news. (I wish they would put stuff like this in the owner's manual!)

Thanks for the info. :s27:[/quote:3pobs1y8]

Bob,

I didn't know either. I just made a guess. Went out and loosened mine a little and it didn't help. [Should have gone farther.] Came back to say it didn't work and found out it did.

Ain't I smart?

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for asking a question I have wanted to know the answer to for two months. I just bought a 2003 Red Wing and I didn't want to sound like an idiot asking anyone that question. THANKS!!!! :oops:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Don't be afraid to ask any questions for fear of looking like an idiot. Check out the post on the dropping of wings, and the one on how to right a wing.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Redwing2003 said:
Thanks for asking a question I have wanted to know the answer to for two months. I just bought a 2003 Red Wing and I didn't want to sound like an idiot asking anyone that question. THANKS!!!! :oops:
So I DID sound like an idiot... thanks. :)

Thanks for the help, everyone. Mirrors are adjusted and ready to go. As a rookie Winger, I sure do appreciate the info and advice from this group!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dave, if you're referring to my reply, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was calling you an idiot. I meant that most of us here have done something we thought was stupid or had a question to ask, but were afraid to, only to find out we weren't the only ones. Does that make sense? Hope you get my drift. :lol: :chat:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries, Phil!! I was jokingly replying to Redwing2003. I really appreciate all the info I get on this board. It's great to be part of the Wing family.
Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dont be afraid to ask QUESTIONS, thats what this board is for. There is no such thing on this board as a silly question, and the members who use it are no idiots. Ask your question and someone will have the answer. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ahhh, this answers the question I just posted. Great search engine, thnx, BSAFE2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts