GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to adjust the side mirrors. I loosened the phillips screw under the mirror but I was unable to adjust the mirror(glass). Is it adjustable????

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
As usual Red is right, the screw has nothing to do with the adjustment, only holds the mirror in the assembly. The adjustment is very difficult, I am sure on purpose to keep it in place. I went with the Muth mirror and it adjusts much easier.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rickster said:
As usual Red is right, the screw has nothing to do with the adjustment, only holds the mirror in the assembly. The adjustment is very difficult, I am sure on purpose to keep it in place. I went with the Muth mirror and it adjusts much easier.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I'm still trying to get familiar with all the nuances on the Wing and I thought I was about to break the mirrors trying to adjust them. They feel like they're fixed in place and I'm hesitant to try to use any more force for fear of cracking the glass.

Sanity check... I'm assuming that unlike the ST1300, the Wing's mirrors are designed to break-away in the event of an impact. Correct?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
TowJam said:
I'm still trying to get familiar with all the nuances on the Wing and I thought I was about to break the mirrors trying to adjust them. They feel like they're fixed in place and I'm hesitant to try to use any more force for fear of cracking the glass.

Sanity check... I'm assuming that unlike the ST1300, the Wing's mirrors are designed to break-away in the event of an impact. Correct?
If you still cannot get the mirror to adjust, you might take out the screw holding it in place and take the mirror out of the housing. You will be able to see how it works and a bit of silicone spray might make it a bit easier to adjust.

The entire mirror assembly will more forward and backward and if you need to take the front garnish off to get to the windshield you can do it by moving the mirror assembly forward to get to the screws. The manual says you have to remove the mirror assembly, but you do not. However watch the black holes where screws and pieces disappear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts