GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Goldwing and just bought a 2006 a few weeks ago. LOVE this bike!

I've been experimenting with things like removing the Kuryakyn driver boards and putting the stock pegs back on. I'm liking the stock pegs vs. the boards. Removed the handlebar risers. I'm liking the stock position of the bars.

I then removed the adjustable air dams (forget the name) on the fairing and mirrors.

On the mirrors I thought cool, there is already a pre-drilled hole and threads to mount these things. That was pretty nice of mother Honda.

On the way home from work today it seems the mirrors are "loose". It is windy as hell, so thinking maybe the wind is moving them around. Shortly after that, the right side mirror pops out, smacks me on the leg, and hopefully does not hit any cars behind me!

20 miles later i'm going down the driveway and the left mirror falls out. I've got some aftermarket mirror blinkers on this thing, so the mirror is hanging from that wiring harness.

Now I see that when the mirror wings were removed, a screw should have taken their place, as this is what holds the whole thing in place!

Now speaking of the mirrors, how do you adjust them? My manual has nothing on how the adjust the mirrors. Maybe it is the aftermarket mirror blinker thing that prevents adjustment? The mirrors are pretty solid in
the housing.

Just learning things on this machine, and true to my nature, things get wrecked as I learn! :22yikes:

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
To adjust the mirrors, just push on them. You won't hurt them...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts