GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl took a bad fall Saturday, and the right side mirror was destroyed. It appears that whatever the mirror mounts to behind the shelter might possibly also be bent or broken. Without dismantling would anyone have an exploded view of the "fold back" assembly, and what it mounts to? I have a Honda shop manual, nothing in there. Inet research I can find only an exploded view of the mirror and housing.

Thanks!!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,186 Posts
That would be the "cowl stay". Look it up in HDL's parts, it's the main tubular structure for the fairing.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,186 Posts
Here is a picture of the mirror part. It is made of cast aluminum and plastic. It isn't avail as a separate piece, this one is on Ebay.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture of the mirror part. It is made of cast aluminum and plastic. It isn't avail as a separate piece, this one is on Ebay.

Great pic. I suspect there is a problem with either the pivot point, cast piece, cowl stay......or all of the above. BTW, I did find the parts list. I'll go back and look closer for the above pieces. Not much left of what was there. Again, my appreciation.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
they usually bust right along where I made the red line...

but you have to buy the whole mirror to get the part shown.
... approx $350

If you can get the part shown in the picuture for a good price,
jump on it

Dennis

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,186 Posts
I think the guy wants $98 for it. He's obviously seen the whole mirror price when considering his selling price. :roll:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they usually bust right along where I made the red line...

but you have to buy the whole mirror to get the part shown.
... approx $350

If you can get the part shown in the picuture for a good price,
jump on it

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. His insurance will be footing the bill, I just needed knowledge of the parts before the adjuster shows up. Makes sense to me that will be the issue. They're made to fold back, not back and under!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts