GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the left side rearview mirror form my 2004 GL1800 in order to have my local body shop repiar some minor damage and re-paint the mirror shell.

The GL1800 service manual advises to first remove the dash panel then remove the mirror. This seems like a complicated approach to a simple task.

Does anyone have a shortcut for this procedure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pull back the rubber boot, remove the three screws holding the mirror bracket on, and disconnect the plug for the turn signal and running lights....

Fred

·
Registered
168 Posts
Drive the Goldwing about 20 mph on the right side of a street light pole just about 6 inches from your left handle bar. Yep...that will be the fastest way to get it off. Don't ask me how I know this. Re-installing it may take some time though.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
No need to remove the dash, just push the mirror all the way forward, remove the rubber boot and remove the 3 screws. It's a bit tight but very doable.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was able to remove the mirror w/o removing the dash per your advice.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Be sure to stuff rags in the hole below the screws before you remove them. If you don't....you will drop at least one or two and never see them again....... :shock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
you can purchase the mirror housing already painted from Hal for about 35.oo dollars do not ask me how i know

06 titanium

1 - 8 of 8 Posts