GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While backing into the garage, in a brain fart moment, I clipped and broke the right mirror on the garage door track. So I proceeded to remove the under mirror wings and the mirror to get the glass off. It wasn't obvious at all, to me, how to do the rest of the disassembly. While it was on my desk I started to take off the facia, and realized after the push pin is removed, there was really nothing else that could be removed to disassemble.

It took me a while to finally realize that the mirror glass itself (called the Holder Assy 88210-MKC-A00) is removed by pulling up hard from the bottom of the glass housing until it disconnects and then sliding it out of the top holds. ABSOLUTELY, no tools or removal of the mirror is necessary. Can be removed in 5 seconds while on the bike. Replacement cost was $14 at my dealer. I also realized that if someone wants a mirror, any '18 or '19 sitting by itself is a target.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ran in to a slightly similar situation where I folded a mirror in with the bars turned, inadvertently hitting the mirror on the lever and cracking the glass.
Ordered the new part before attempting removal so that could see how the mounts looked, from there it was a simple swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts