GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Tridium LED Fog/Running/Driving Light Kit installed and I wanted to install the Muth Mirror Signals in my 2016.

Has anyone done this and do the lights function properly?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have the Tridium LED Fog/Running/Driving Light Kit installed and I wanted to install the Muth Mirror Signals in my 2016.

Has anyone done this and do the lights function properly?
Yes, I have Tridium, Muth and SCMG sequential directional all tied together. Biggest issue was tucking all the wires away behind the rubber boot.

The off side cowl DRL will lightly blink when the other side directional is on. Another thing I noticed the other day but don't know if it was there from day one. When I apply the brakes, the DRL blink once. There is a brake light flasher installed which may or may not be causing this (see below).

I did run into one issue. I upgraded headlight bulbs to LED w/o issue. When I installed the Kisan it would not properly modulate (I have this listed on another thread). Kisan believes that there was some interference with the DRL. Ether way, they modified the firmware and all works well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy. This is helpful. The manufacture of the Tridium said they wont work with other aftermarket kits and I'm hoping someone found that they will work with the Muth's or came up with a workaround.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks Andy. This is helpful. The manufacture of the Tridium said they wont work with other aftermarket kits and I'm hoping someone found that they will work with the Muth's or came up with a workaround.
Glad to help.

It did take some time to chase the turn signal wires down to the lower cowl. I had my windshield cowl and windshield off to change the signal flasher for the SoCal directionals and to run the sync cable across between those new directionals. If you are not changing the primary/OEM to LEDs you won't need to do this.

Just so you know, I added the Muth later than the other two. Everything worked fine before and after. The Muth mirrors came with harness adapters which are needed on your bike (2012-2017).

Of course if you have the latest Muth with the radar lane change assist then you will need to tear into much more - and I want to know how well they work!

Which, by the way, leads to an offer to assist with any of this. Come on North on a sunny day and we can make this happen. Of course it would probably take longer to get here than to actually do the install.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah they work fine on my '16. Like the man said, the cable bundle gets a little long for stuffing in behind the boot, but it's not an insurmountable issue.. Works just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts