GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left side mirror glass rattles on my 2008 wing. Checking to see if something has come loose and can be tightened, or did a clip or what ever holds the glass break. I don't have a service manual that might show me. Thanks

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
When I had a mirror start vibrating, I eventually found that it was being caused by a bulge in my rear tire.
Your cause may be something else, but don't discount the tire bulge as being the cause. It was for me.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
To get to the inside parts of the mirror just unscrew the screw on the bottom of the mirror.

Hope that helps :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If the mirror checks out ok you might want to check ur final drive and shaft. Has been said that a problem in that area will make the mirror vibrate.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Loose mounting screws, thanks to the dealer setup will cause it also. After 7 years of ownership I just found one of the three screws on my right mirror was only half way screwed in. The head was 1/4 inch above the bracket. :shock:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I gotta agree with techdude...

You got a screw loose.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
check screw
check tires

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I occasionally have a loose screw or ............two. :?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I had to tighten the screw on the bottom of the mirror assembly to stop mine from vibrating. It seems some stupid wrench only thought he had it tight after changing the turn signal bulb, which necessitates removing the mirror. That stupid wrench was me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts