GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several posts here about how mirror wings help with passenger wind buffeting, I'm planning on installing a set. Looking for opinions as to which are better......Baker Built or Tulsa.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Tulsa because I like the looks better. Both work well but I feel the passenger still gets some buffeting, or so my wife says.

·
Registered
152 Posts
AIR WINGS

Beside the Baker mirror and air wings, I put Diamonds passenger backrest that makes my wife sit more upright like on my 1500. My wife doesn`t complain about the wind anymore. Lucky me !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Baker air wings

I don't know about the the Tulsa, I have the Baker's. I absolutly love being able to adjust how much or how little air my wife and I are subjected to. In cold weather we can eliminate most of the wind and buffeting but in hot weather we can really bring it on. Its also convenient being able to adjust by degrees how much wind we get as the tempurature changes during the day.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I bought the Baker mirror wings at the Gold Wing Rally in Madison last year. They are not the most stylish but what I like most about them is that on a hot summer day you can deflect some air on you. They are also great at keeping the cold off of you this time of year. Something that wasn't necessary with the old GL1500.

Mike
03ILB

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Both the Tulsa and Baker Wings have loyal and happy followers and proponents. I prefer and like the Tulsa Mirror Wings and think their shape just blends and fits the profile of the Wing perfectly like they were make for the 1800, and I just didn't get that same feeling with the Baker's.

Good luck on your choice,

DaleC

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I have the Tulsa wings on our 1800. With a screw driver you can adjust them out from the body of the bike if needed.

my wife imediately liked the reduced wind buffeting on her.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Baker for air, mirror and leg wings.

Tulsa for the Hot Foot.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I fought with myself for a long time and asked the same question as you have. I finally went with the Bakers. I'm very glad I did, being able to adjust the air volume in the summer really makes a differance. I do feel the tulsa's look better, but the bakers are not ugly by any means. If you decide to get the bakers, use something to hold the mirror in place as you remove the screw. I used cloths pins around the perimitter to hold the glass in place, using them as a wedge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts