GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my wing this past june I miss her so much an 2003 illustion blue I named her lady blue I know I can never ride a wing again because it is just to wide and it hurst my hips so much
did anyone else sell there wing cause it is to wide to ride and misses it

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Shrek & Fiona said:
I sold my wing this past june I miss her so much an 2003 illustion blue I named her lady blue I know I can never ride a wing again because it is just to wide and it hurst my hips so much
did anyone else sell there wing cause it is to wide to ride and misses it
I feel your pain.
Did you try any custom seats?

I purchased a used wing seat off ebay and today finished (or maybe I've just started?) hacking it ...

so far so good ... it's now lower by 1.5 inches and narrower by about 1 inch ...
no long rides yet so I don't know what I've done to the comfort factor but it feels OK around the block and I can get my feet flat on the ground now.

I love riding it ... but it is a handful for shorter/narrower people when stopped.

Dennis

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put on a custom seat from dimond to raise me up and move back but it just didnt help

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
when u say it was to wide do u mean the seat was to wide or what ?

if the seat was the problem maybe u could have one narrowed somewhat

did u give up motorcycles completly ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the wing was to wide even with the custom seat that moved me back and up a couple inches

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Did you consider talking to a physical therapist about some exercises that might help you? And then of course you could take ballet lessons.

Sorry you have trouble.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought a seat from Jmac, here on the board and took it to a shop where they cut the sides off, the ears or lips or whatever you want to call them, it helped a great deal, also find a shoesmith and add about 1/4 to 3/8 to your shoes, Iam only about 5'7 and can flat foot the bike, it troubled me at fisrt but the bike is just to much fun to give up.

Greg

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I am very short and stocky (FAT), 27 inch inseam, I have never been able to flat foot my feet, its always been tippy toe. But I did learn how to keep it upright, even at almost a complete standstill. Very easy to ride although I have dropped it a time or two.

Good luck
8)

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Shrek & Fiona said:
the wing was to wide even with the custom seat that moved me back and up a couple inches
You sure that is correct? That is the same thing they did for me,, and I'm 6' 4".

·
Registered
115 Posts
Orrr

You could add the powered drop out riggers (link anybody?), or trike it!

Sounds like you are in need of a solution, there are several ways to gitter-done!

I love the wing because when I get too old to hold it up, it is getting triked!

Cheers,
Chris and Helen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts