GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I have bought a '07 Goldwing Trike(California Sidecar) form a dealer in Texas and need to get registered in California. The bike is missing the engin number and it's emissions sticker. Before you tell me to look on the right side of the engin under the panel and next to the oil filler cap is where the number should be, it is'nt. The place where the number should be is there but not the number itself. There was never a number stamped, in other words, not filed off. Has this happened to anyone else?
He issue about the emission sticker can be resolved, but I am worried about the engin number. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just bought (about 2 months ago) a Goldwing from a guy in Arizona (2007 ABS/Comfort/NAV only 2800 miles on it). When I came here to register they didn't check the engine number... they wanted the 2 vins (one stamped in and one on a sticker.... both on the steering head) and the CA EPA sticker (under the seat). Good luck... maybe they won't request to see it.

Larry

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Never heard of an engine without a number being stamped. But if you want to be sure, take it to any large city PD - Auto theft unit. They can lift the original number with an acid process. But be prepared to give it back to the owner if it turns out to be stolen.

I hope it's just a freak accident that the number never got stamped, but it's a long shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts