GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda back ordered a 64287-MCA-000 Duct, Right Side Cowl and that prevents my 04 from being rebuilt after the deer strike. If anyone has a dealer that stocks unusual parts, please check to see if they have one.

Thanks,

Tom Finch
210-867-6541

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Tom I would call around the salvage yards!!..chuck

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Tom - email Quickdraw. He left his out while rebuilding his bike, and may have one laying on the table.......

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Tom, alot of Honda dealers can use an internet search for hard to find parts. It involves the other dealers. I am not sure how it works but my dealer used it to locate some parts for my Silverwing (82 model) when I had it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
IR Harry said:
Tom - email Quickdraw. He left his out while rebuilding his bike, and may have one laying on the table.......
Or, just put it together without it. You certainly won't need it til summer. That's, what, at least a month or so away in Texas, isn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tom,

I have both left and right ducts if you want them. I will be gone to Deming NM for a week starting tomorrow. If you still need them I will shoot them your way. Both Quickdraw and I removed ours so we had more room for goodies under the side pockets. It makes no difference other that you get a small amount of heat out of the vent when it is cold.

Redeye

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Tom Finch said:
Honda back ordered a 64287-MCA-000 Duct, Right Side Cowl and that prevents my 04 from being rebuilt after the deer strike. If anyone has a dealer that stocks unusual parts, please check to see if they have one.

Thanks,

Tom Finch
210-867-6541
Another option...
If you can take the shelter off and put the duct in yourself, ask the dealer to button it up w/o the duct and you'll install it when the part comes in. The dealer may button it up and then install it later, also.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redeye,

It will be very helpful if you would send at least the right one. I was in for some tests today and missed your eMail. It may be too late.

Tom

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Tom,

If it is the long lower duct(s) you need I have both sides and can send you either or both no cost - but it won't get in the mail until Sat AM.

Send me an email at [email protected]

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Sam,

I miss seeing that old Yellow Bird around :lol:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sam,

I got word today that Mother Honda discovered some and they are on the way. Thank you very much. Obviously, I would prefer to use yours and save the skinny.

Thank you very much for the response.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Tom,

Gail Bandit & I are planning to do another Grand Tour of the West next year on BigBird so maybe we'll get to see you then.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam,

I sincerely hope we get together. That will be fun. Hopefully, I can avoid another deer strike between now that then.

I went to the dealer today to see the parts that have come in, and much to my surprise, they matched my bike perfectly. By Wednesday, I should have it back.

There are way too many deer! There are dead dear all along the highway every night, and each one represents a damaged auto.

Always be careful

1 - 13 of 13 Posts