GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did all my roads go? Even the road I live on! If it is not a major road or interstate, my Garmin Nuvi 1450lmt no longer shows roads. Does anyone know, does it need a map update?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What distance do you have it set on. The closer you set it, the more detail that shows. At least mine is that way.
I will have to go in and check. I didn't chance any settings, they just came up missing!:shrug:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I suspect it needs an operator change! :lol:

There is a setting on most Garmin's for the amount of detain you see. In addition as you scroll out you will loose detail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Nuvi does this periodically also. The first time I thought it was an operator setting, even though I did not make any changes.

Then I figured out that it needed a reset. There seems to be a program bug that pops sometimes. The reset clears it.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:congrats: R911 you've entered.... THE TWILIGHT ZONE.
Steve, I believe you are right. Used it up in Gatlinburg, everything fine. Come home and turn it on, everything gone!:shrug:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Steve, I believe you are right. Used it up in Gatlinburg, everything fine. Come home and turn it on, everything gone!:shrug:
You no longer exist. Your home, street and town no longer exist. You have been eliminated by technology. You no longer exist. Even the print and text in your post is slowly fading away. Say....Goooodbye.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You no longer exist. Your home, street and town no longer exist. You have been eliminated by technology. You no longer exist. Even the print and text in your post is slowly fading away. Say....Goooodbye.
The funny thing is it shows my house in the middle of no where! Stuck there in a sea of white.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The funny thing is it shows my house in the middle of no where! Stuck there in a sea of white.
As fast as you were going (45mph) you probably ran off the map, it will catch up with you get revelation of the earth... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Did you check the kill switch?
(that's what everyone always says first..):roll:

Dennis

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh that's bad. According to my calculations...

your being sucked into a black hole. Obviously you don't have enough air in your tires, and get rid of that damn pink crush washer.
Steve, I input your formula into my GPS and went outside and the roads are back! THANKS!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I found reset in there somewhere, and I guess that fixed it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll take take it for a ride tomorrow and see how it does!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts