GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed threads mysteriously disappearing? I was following one about the darkside list on another BBS. I saw it here yesterday morning and now it is nowhere to be found!

·
Registered
475 Posts
There was one yesterday titled Obama on the general board. Someone mentioned it was off topic, next thing you know it said it was moved, but I never found it in the off topic section.:shrug::beer3:

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Yes, I have noticed...

El yanko?
Disaprovo?
conventionality violosoious?
disgustisimo post-anus?

PM LaMonster, he has not been getting enough mail from the darkside lately!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goldwingspirit57, though I feel your frustration I'm not talking about something that was moved, I'm talking about threads that just disappear into thin cyber space without any notice what-so-ever. What's up with that?

Nando, another PM to Lamonster would be about all it would take for him to banish me from His Kingdom forever. I suspect He knows where the missing thread went and I suspect I know why. I also suspect that if I should express my personal opinion about it I would end up on the outside looking in. Am I suspicious? I suspect I am.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
:flg:.

Wonder why folks keep coming back to a board that has so many restrictions ?? You and I are free to leave this board if it is not run to our liking.

I find this board filled with nuckleheads, myself included, that enjoys keyboard fisticuffs !!

You know your a nut case when you slap out a statment and hit the send key, then keep coming back every few mins to see if someone has responded so you can do it again.

And I know the feeling of frustration to come back to check on things only to find the whole thread is missing !

Yet, it is my choice on whether or not I am able to or wanting to be subject to the positive controls of the controlling party !!

JMHO :cool:

:flg:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I also suspect that if I should express my personal opinion about it I would end up on the outside looking in. Am I suspicious? I suspect I am.
Just because you think everyone is out to get you..... that doesn't necessarily make you a paraniod person. :joke:

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
KA7W,

The only reason I am here is because I love you man!

...and consider, there is a lot of neat people here...I mean a lot...LOT

...its just like everywhere else in society, the minority A-wholenesses draw the most attention and cause the most disturbances...while the rest of the crowd works productively minding their own business...

·
Mad UK Winger
356 Posts
Your not paranoid if you know WHY everyones out to get you :joke:

i suspect that moderation is the reason for threads disappearing, lets face it, its better than the arguments getting out of hand isnt it?

just my opinion and not meant to offend :)

R

·
0 Posts
HA HA HA (best evil laugh goes here). All Ye who start a thread and wish to delete it may do so. And it don't matter how many posts are in it. I my very self deleted a thread I started just a day or so ago. Once again (best evil laugh goes here).

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I like this place!

Even the evil trolls are funny. (Friendly laugh goes here.)

I pick and choose what I read. It doesn't have to be a test; it's entertainment, an activity, education, fun.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suspect that moderation is the reason for threads disappearing, lets face it, its better than the arguments getting out of hand isnt it?
humungus,
The interesting thing is there was no real argument in the mysterious disappearing thread. No heated name calling or mudslinging. There were some references to another board but in general the theme of the thread was in support of this board.

What gets me is that the thread was removed with no warning or no explanation. It was a thread that I started with a reference to the number of DS'ers listed on another board. The tone of the posts were supportive of this board but You-Know-Who must have felt threatened because that thread just suddenly ceased to exist. Poof! Rude behavior if you ask me; no one did but I'll share that with you anyway.

Now, I think it is improper for people to post information on this board about other sites selling the same things that are sold by DLP. In my opinion that should be done by PM, E-mail or other means as this board is supported by DLP. Weirdly, that seems to be okay with The Moderator. Mention another bulletin board here though and it seems you are on thin ice. Go figure.

humungus, I agree that name calling, back stabbing and generally anti-social behavior shouldn't be part of this (Darkside) board and His job is to monitor that but in my opinion there wasn't really any of that to be found in the disappearing thread.

Have I said too much? Am I the next to get banned? Will my blathering get my account cancelled? Will there be consequen....

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
His post is still there...he must have just stop breathing for a minute...

R

·
0 Posts
It's more like ....

Bwaaa ha ha (cackel cackel) or something similar.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that winged badge in your avatar ???
Those wings were earned by serving in the military during the Vietnam war and after it ended. Those are helicopter crew chief wings.

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
Those wings were earned by serving in the military during the Vietnam war and after it ended. Those are helicopter crew chief wings.
Welcome home brother :yes1: ! Thanks for your service :bow: !
I was a crew chief on an Otter U-1A airplane for 13 months at the Can Tho Army Airfield in the Mekong Delta.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ridersteve,
I was a crew chief in the Marines. what did you fly on?
I flew huey's 46's and 53's and occasionaly on HMX1
best regards,
Dale

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I must of got out (06.02.65)before the wings were issued.
Crewed H13 S models and Hueys.

Still wear my jump wings on my(non-Gold Wing) leather
vest.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts