GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my wife took the wing out around the block and liked it. Now i'm wondering if thats going to cost me $20000.00 LOL
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
20k smiles....dont see a problem. just my 02cents

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
20k smiles....dont see a problem. just my 02cents
Works for me, but will never happen. My TSO is perfectly content to sleep on the back!

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Either that or it's a 'time-share' bike.

Since my bride can only use her right arm, it's "our" bike.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm glad my wife is short and round, and can't touch the ground!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
84 Posts

:thumbup:

Give Her yours and ride the blue beauty. Or it dosen't have to cost 20K. There are some good deals on the board right now.

Good Luck,

Terry

P.S.
I picked up that 78GL I talked to you about a while back. I got my workshop built and already have the bike apart.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Your post made me smile.

The responses made me laugh.

My wife rides her Boulevard and loves it. We have the Deluxe which she could ride but won't - she loves her bike too much.

I'm trying to get her to try the Wing so I CAN get her one. Would make it so much easier for her to keep up with me, and I know the fact that she can be in fifth at 30 MPH and drive all day would tickle her funny bone.

HUGE KUDOS to your wife for taking her around the block. Awesome job and

:thumbup::thumbup:

two thumbs up.

:bow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
SO drvng

Take the safety course. Rent a Wing for a weekend. Then you both will know more.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Thats what happened to me. 7 years ago my wife took mine for a ride then wanted her own. We bought her a new 1800 and she turned it over to 90,000 miles this year on the way home from Alaska.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Buy her one!

My wife wants to ride so bad and I would love her too but she cant, with her back even a parking lot get off could cause her great harm.

R

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd gladly buy my wife a Wing if she would ride it. She won't ride behind me (wants to be in control). She is only 5' and can't even lift my wing off the stand.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thats what happened to me. 7 years ago my wife took mine for a ride then wanted her own. We bought her a new 1800 and she turned it over to 90,000 miles this year on the way home from Alaska.
You are fortunate. I would like to have a wife that would like to ride and capable of riding her own GW. I'd bye her one in a second. Then again I would have to get married again. I would still bye a wife one if she could handle it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My friend rides my 81 gl1100just fine. She is about 5'5 and can keep her feet flat if I lower the suspension. She used to have a 650 silverwing and even a bmw k100 rt. I only wish she could ride more often.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts