GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the instructions of my Honda Service Manual. I removed the top shelf, unplugged electrics and replaced the air filter (24K miles). After putting the bike back together, the electronics that are attached to the left sub-panel circuit had no power (LCD, shock preset, headlight adjuster, speedometer, dash-lights, turn signal cancellation). After hours of rechecking that everything was re-plugged correctly, and unplugging and re-plugging the left sub-panel again, I took it to the dealer thinking that one of the plugs had shorted out. The dealer (who has always been fair to me) claims to have simply unplugged and re-plugged everything, and everything began working. Is there something he not telling me?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
There are no secrets that I have heard about. I've had mine all apart like you and plugged it back together and everything worked as expected. Some of the plugs are pretty tricky to get completed seated. I've found that a good amount of dielectric grease applied to the plugs before mating helps everything go together better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts