GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one out there gone to MMI. and was it worth the cost. I am going to retire form the AF in a year and am concidering going to MMI.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
477 Posts
COB what is mmi. I am reteried af also, retired in 88. Welcom to the board

·
Registered
703 Posts
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute?????

·
Registered
311 Posts
or skip that and start here...
http://emol.org/education/uti/motorcycle.html

Been thru the Phoenix facility - very impressive. Have a friend who has two kids (son and daughter) starting in Feb. When we were on our loop to Las Vegas we stopped and did the tour. We commented the heck with your kids I want to go and the guy giving the tour said the oldest person that they had go through the program was 74.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Never heard of MMI, but am familar with AMI (American Motorcycle Institute) in Daytona Beach, FL.

Paul Jr. and Cody from American Chopper both attended AMI. They even did a show down there. Pretty cool place. Very high tech. I toured their campus about 6 years ago.

Bartman

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
MMI is out of Orlando Florida.

Cost for the year of schooling is $10,000 plus lodging and meals.

I asked other motorcycle mechanics in my area and they all said if they had to do it over....they would take the course for marine diesel mechanic schooling. Pay is FAR better and those mechanic's are in higher demand.

They make a LOT more $$$$$$$$ and then you can afford to pay to have your bike worked on. It made a lot of sense to me.

You might want to consider this approach.

Something to think about.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
Never heard of MMI, but am familar with AMI (American Motorcycle Institute) in Daytona Beach, FL.

Paul Jr. and Cody from American Chopper both attended AMI. They even did a show down there. Pretty cool place. Very high tech. I toured their campus about 6 years ago.

Bartman
Just FYI they are moving (or have already moved) into a much bigger and updated facility near the Destination Daytona HD dealer. I haven't gone to check it out yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts