GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered one from the US distributor in Alabama. The price was $130, so hands down the best deal assuming it does everything it says it does. I opted for the internally mounted version which uses a stainless strap to go around the rim. Interesting the externally mounted senders have customer replaceable batteries. I opted for the black one, but they distributor also stocks the silver one.

Here's the link: http://www.mobiletron.com/b_eng_products_view.asp?FkindNo=F000004&SkindNo=S000032&Pd_Id=3559

Here's the user manual: http://www.mobiletron.com/images/Product/M_SubFile/Cp_4047354034.pdf

The distributor is:

REGITAR USA, INC
2575 Container Drive
Montgomery, AL 36109
Tel: 334.244.1885
Toll Free: 877-REGITAR (734.4827)
Fax: 334.244.1901
www.regitar.com

There is no way to order on line. I sent an email and got an immediate response from the operations manager. The purchase was handled by email.

More when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Somewhat related..
.. Do you mount your own tires?

Dennis

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mounted tires, but don't currently own a changer. I have two bikes so I think I am going to order the Cycle Hill changer. When I add up the cost of the Harbor Freight change, the motorcycle adapter, the mojo blocks and the mojo bar, it is pretty close to the Cycle Hill changer I think (could be wrong, need to do the math). The BikeMaster balancer has my attention or Mark Parnes changer, but I like the idea of a more stable base than a couple of milk jugs.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Hmmmm... Interesting.

·
Registered
308 Posts
They are great units, I have had mine about 1.5 years and it just works and compared to 2 tire pressure gauges a few times and its spot on, the inbuilt volt meter is good to, survives lots of rain and like i said just works as it says!

ENJOY!!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
The sensors look like the old Smartire TPMS sensors. If the unit works like Smartire, it will be a great TPMS system.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I like it, but the only problem I have with it is the temp is only on degs C. No way to get it in degs F. My old mind gets confused.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Interesting

While I have a 2012, I like this. I really don't like the screw-on bobble. I would need to think of a better mounting scheme as I want to keep my OEM sensors.

Now if the folks that already have a receiver for the OEM sensor would do this price, I would buy. But at $160 or $180, I am not that interested.
...gene

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I just installed the Doran on my rear CT today. Wish it had temp. but I think I can do without. Good price, mine was 199.00
I installed inside the tire with their provided valve stems. It screws on the inside. Hope it works out for you keep us posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rocket, according to the users manual you can set the display to PSI/F. It defaults to Bar/C. I will know more Thursday when it gets here as it shipped today along with a nice email that if I had questions, give them a call.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I may be mistaken, but after reading the user manual, it appears there is only one value for low pressure, high pressure, and high temperature. If this is correct, and the low pressure value is set to 30PSI for example, my CT (33psi) would alarm at about 10%, but my G709 front tire (41psi) would alarm at about 25%. I hope I'm wrong about this.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Rocket, according to the users manual you can set the display to PSI/F. It defaults to Bar/C. I will know more Thursday when it gets here as it shipped today along with a nice email that if I had questions, give them a call.
I hope you're correct. When I called them about a month and a half ago, I was told it's only in centigrade.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick Update

The unit arrived two days after I ordered it, so that was outstanding service for the distributor. I read the manual an hooked up the control unit to a 12 volt supply. You can indeed sit the display to PSI/F easily. There is only one value for the high and low pressure alarm and tire temp alarm. Not a big deal to me since I run my front and back at nearly the same pressure, but I can see this a bigger issue if you are running a CT on the back. I set the low to 35 psi and the high to 55 psi. I haven't decided where to set the temperature alarm. I am going to call Dunlap and see if they specify a maximum safe operating temp. Right now I have it at 175F.

The ranges for high and low pressure and temp are reasonable as far as I can tell.

The unit does include a battery voltage meter but the default alarm value is too low for a GW and I can't figure out how to change it. It doesn't matter much to me since I have a dedicated voltage display, but it would be nice to sit the alarm at around 11 volts. It also differs about .2 volt from my dedicated display which agrees with my Fluke. The manual says the accuracy of the meter is +/- .2 volts so it is with spec.

The mount is bar clamp style thing, but has enough flat space to attach it to a flat service with out cutting the thing up or starting over. For now, I think it is going to get duolocked until I decide where I want it.

The senders are sealed. It doesn't look like there would be any way to change the battery.

I picked up a HF changer and ordered the Mojo Lever and blocks from Mitch. I may run this up and talk the local Honda guys to install the senders in the tire, but most likely I will weight until the stuff from Mitch arrives, then install it. More when I do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts