GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model year and option level Please!

I don't mind giving help on problems, but it would be soooooo much easier to get the correct answers if everyone would put their model year and option level of their bike in their signature. Or at least tell us in the text of the question at hand. These bikes have different connector numbers and wire colors based on options and years, even some of the control modules are placed in different physical locations on the bike. If you want a good answer to your question, please provide these few things. :thumbup:

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
I don't mind giving help on problems, but it would be soooooo much easier to get the correct answers if everyone would put their model year and option level of their bike in their signature. Or at least tell us in the text of the question at hand. These bikes have different connector numbers and wire colors based on options and years, even some of the control modules are placed in different physical locations on the bike. If you want a good answer to your question, please provide these few things. :thumbup:
:agree:and then give us current mileage. We like to help ... but no one likes to have to rewrite everything they just wrote because the situation just changed. Note ... in my case, I don't list year and level in my sig because my questions are often on Wings other then mine. But I always include that info in my questions.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
That's a good thought. How about adding what you did recently which may be related to the current problem?

Point in fact. "My rear wheel won't turn" with little to no additional information. Turns out about six posts later that "yes, I did recently bleed the brakes."

Any bleed job involves both front and rear calipers and mention of that would have narrowed it down some. Sometimes one feels a bit gamed.......

·
Registered
460 Posts
Get your flame proof suit on!

I proposed the very same thing that you said in your original post: Year, Model, Options, etc, etc, etc........

I got so many hate mail reply's from other people on this board I couldn't believe it !

Just saying........

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I proposed the very same thing that you said in your original post: Year, Model, Options, etc, etc, etc........

I got so many hate mail reply's from other people on this board I couldn't believe it !

Just saying........

Yeah.....but nobody dares to flame the 'dude! :lol:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Please help me!! My thingabob makes a whirring noise. What's wrong with it? My bike is yellow.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your thingamabob needs some moly grease on it, only 3 strokes or it will start to grow too large for the whirlygig. :lol:

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Use a specific title.

Agree with the suggested to be supplied information and suggest that when you have a problem, let the message title be specific; such as, "My radio speakers have lost volume." instead of saying "Has anyone ever......." and then in the message "had the radio speakers lose volume".

prs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts