GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning
What if any models come with cb and navigation features? I have a 2007 Premium Audio and I am thinking about getting something newer and it would be nice if I didnt have to add these features like I did on my 2007.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The last ones, to my knowledge, that came with a CB were the GL1500SE models. None of the 1800s have been sent from the factory with a CB. Navigation has been available since 2006, depending on which level you get. I have an '08 with Nav, and it is a little cumbersome to use to find locations. Typically, i use the Nav for showing me unfamiliar roads. When I need to navigate to a specific location, I use my iPhone.

You didn't ask, but we use Sena Bluetooth headsets for bike-to-bike communications. Again, you didn't ask, but, Id pull the CB and antenna before I sold/traded the 07 and re-install it in my next Wing. If you get a 10 or older, it is a direct swap. If you get an 12-17, you will need to get a new cable that connects the CB to the Wing as your current one is too long. I do not know if just coiling the long cable up presents a problem or not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying back. I did have my CB installed so having it swapped would be a option, the same with the gps. My 07 is triked and I would be looking for the same when I decide to go through with my thoughts. We also use Sena Bluetooth Headsets as my wife rides a Can Am. I do have the Freewire trying to make mine bluetooth but not having much luck with that. My bike is in the shop right now getting fork seals and bushings and rear brakes. I am going to get in touch of local Sena Rep for help with those things. I probably will put my trike on Cycle Trader and see what happens. I would like to jump up 10 years on the trike. Again thanks for replying.Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you go with a 2012+, it can use the same cb but has a different harness to connect it to the bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts