GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something wrong with us that will spent $20,000 plus on a new 2012 Goldwing,
then add another $10-15,000 to modify something the manufacture left off in production, I think there is???????

I realize some add-ons are just a personal touch but come-on.......:shrug: :no: :cus:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Is there something wrong with us that will spent $20,000 plus on a new 2012 Goldwing,
then add another $10-15,000 to modify something the manufacture left off in production, I think there is???????

I realize some add-ons are just a personal touch but come-on.......:shrug: :no: :cus:
I think $10-15K is a bit of an exaggeration. Not that someone hasn't spent that much on GW mods -- but I would suggest that $3-5K is more the average -- IF one does any mods at all. So, if that's the case, what's the big deal?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I always have to chuckle at those that look like a Philippine bus. :22yikes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
right you are

wi-winger
Second Chance, I posted a thread the same as yours above. I even left Hondas over this issue. I am back for the Wing because there is nothing like it for two-up riding. No substitute. I do not buy their V2's or 4's. Just too much for the bike and still leaving about as much to be spent after the bike is bought. I think there may have been a time when the name HONDA was worth a little extra. Not anymore. I have grown to prefer Suzuki sport bikes and scooters and Yamaha cruisers (if I can be said to like cruisers at all). But back to the Wing, there just is no substitute for the basic equipment.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-- but I would suggest that $3-5K is more the average -- IF one does any mods at all. So, if that's the case, what's the big deal?
Well the big deal is...... spending $20,000 plus for--- half a bike......:shrug:

A bike that needs: fender extensions, suspension up grades, fog lights that aren't standard, and I'll bet you could add a dozen more.........:roll:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Well the big deal is...... spending $20,000 plus for--- half a bike......:shrug:

:roll:
If Honda made a whole bike hardly any one could afford it or would complain about the STUFF they put on it, You can't please everyone.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Honda made a whole bike hardly any one could afford it or would complain about the STUFF they put on it, You can't please everyone.
Like a $20,000 plus cage loaded with options saying, "Dam I wish there was less luxury on this thing and wasn't built so well" ...........

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
It doesn't NEED fender extensions, suspension work, or fog lights. I have added all that too but it doesn't need it. You may WANT it but it's certainly not necessary.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

A bike that needs: fender extensions, suspension up grades, fog lights that aren't standard, and I'll bet you could add a dozen more.........:roll:
Nope - don't NEED those. I guess that is where we differ and where you would perhaps spend $10K on mods that I would find unnecessary.

·
Registered
350 Posts

I don't think the new Wing NEEDS any of the things you mentioned. As was stated they are personal preferences added to "individualize" their Wing. I've done this to almost every vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I think the new Wing NEEDS is me on it !!!!

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I don't think the new Wing NEEDS any of the things you mentioned. As was stated they are personal preferences added to "individualize" their Wing. I've done this to almost every vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I think the new Wing NEEDS is me on it !!!!
Good answer!! It really cracks me up to see some of the comments about the "new" wing. Like my daddy used to say "some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope!" I'm not sure what that means but I think it applies here.:lol:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts

No kidding!
Almost as dumb as someone who spends $1 million on a house, then starts upgrading the bathroom. I mean really! Doesn't the toilet already flush just fine???:shrug:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It used to be air conditioning, electrical windows, and power seats were an upgrade to a car. Who knows, maybe some day Goldwings will have all wheel drive, backup cameras, blind spot sensors, and heated/cooled cup holders too!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Why would anybody care what I spend on MY wing? It,s my money. I like goodies.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I always have to chuckle at those that look like a Philippine bus. :22yikes:
For those of you who have yet to ride on a Jeepney, here is an example photo...

(photo harvested from the internet)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
No kidding!
Almost as dumb as someone who spends $1 million on a house, then starts upgrading the bathroom. I mean really! Doesn't the toilet already flush just fine???:shrug:
You hit the nail on the head. The bike works fine. Anything else to be done is your choise. My buddy just spent $30000.00 on his new HD and then spent another $6000.00 on the motor plus the additional chrome he added. He did'nt have to it was his choise.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Eveyone is different. I find the stock bike looks best and works great for me. Got a good test on the 3000 mile BBG ride, I don't need or want the add ons.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts