GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified their center stand to make it like a ride off and what did you have to do to accomplish this.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dennis I tried the search feature but for some reason I didn't have any luck. Thanks for the directions some on hear want to jump all over members and try to humiliate them for failure to use the search feature. You are a gentlemen my friend. The ones who feel compelled to humiliate members know who they are and it's such a shame and disgrace

Going to lower Ms Vic bike and wanted to fix the center stand without having to buy a ride off

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I haven't done my GL1800, but I did it to my GL1500. I just got some measurements off of a ride-off stand a buddy had and shortened the legs on my center stand by the same amount. It worked just fine.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Thanks Dennis I tried the search feature but for some reason I didn't have any luck. Thanks for the directions some on hear want to jump all over members and try to humiliate them for failure to use the search feature. You are a gentlemen my friend. The ones who feel compelled to humiliate members know who they are and it's such a shame and disgrace

Going to lower Ms Vic bike and wanted to fix the center stand without having to buy a ride off
.. Thank you Sir..:bow:
... It's always a pleasure for me to be able assist one of the original good guys from this board.

I've got a couple of extra center-stands if you need one to practice on.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to lower her bike 1 1/4 inch so assume I need to take at least that much out of the center stand and more to make it a ride off

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Thanks for the directions some on hear want to jump all over members and try to humiliate them for failure to use the search feature.

Why on earth did you not try the search feature? You are wasting space here and MY time! Blah, blah, blah!!!

Hahahahaha!!

Blast safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Haven't changed my center stand but did modify by kick stand once. Leave bike in high gear, park on a downhill with enough slant to almost stand the bike up straight. Walk away. At about 20 ' the kick stand becomes a ride off. And do this in front of some members that you are leading on a ride.:oops:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slow only you would think about doing something like that

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So So sorry Master Bob for not use the search feature or Google before I asked such a dumb question. I am headed to the black board for my punishment how many time must I write my apology would 20000 time be enough. Regardless of how many times you tell me to write it I know that does not justify me being so stupid. Please forgive me

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
SLOWJOE ALWAYS WANTS THE ATTENTION :bow::bow::lol:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I am a petite 6'2", 270 pounds. I just lean back, and rock forward. It will be just enough momentum I just start riding.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 5'11" 170lbs. If I use the center stand on level ground I can get it off the stand after 1 or 2 tries but if it's facing an uphill incline then I really struggle to get it down! I can see where a ride off could be beneficial!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have made a few by modifying the OEM Stand. Feet are each 3" wider and offer a wider stance. Also the step arm has to be moved so it comes up in the muffler cut-out. They work great and give more stability then any of the existing Ride-Off-Stands. I also use some 3/4, 4x4 blocks with an aluminum 1/8" skin to slide under each leg and raise the tire off the ground when you need to get down and look and feel of the tread. The blocks are small enough so you can stick them in a free spot in the saddle bag and never notice them. Best part is it looks like the original center stand. You can't tell it's a ride-off stand.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have made a few by modifying the OEM Stand. Feet are each 3" wider and offer a wider stance. Also the step arm has to be moved so it comes up in the muffler cut-out. They work great and give more stability then any of the existing Ride-Off-Stands. I also use some 3/4, 4x4 blocks with an aluminum 1/8" skin to slide under each leg and raise the tire off the ground when you need to get down and look and feel of the tread. The blocks are small enough so you can stick them in a free spot in the saddle bag and never notice them. Best part is it looks like the original center stand. You can't tell it's a ride-off stand.
Do you have any pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts