GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

New to the Goldwing...2 years in and absolutely loving this ride on a 2005. I have a question on replacing the stock exhaust with a radiant style from here...http://www.radiantcycles.com/. Im not even sure they do one for the Goldwing and have emailed them accordingly. I am no mechanic however i think understand some things that could be an issue...engine exhaust temp, backpressure, possible decreased fuel milage, power, etc etc. Is it ok to stray away from stock exhaust on a Goldwing or will the aftermarket swap have negative consequences to the engine? They offer one for my wife's CTX700N i am considering, so the same question would apply. No worries or bad idea? Thank you all for the help!

·
Vendor
16,026 Posts
I have one in my shop now that has Torque-Loop exhaust. You might look into that. Unfortunanly, to install them requires cutting the cats. off. The end result is an extremely smelly exhaust system ... at least that's how it is now. It's in for a major service which includes new spark plugs, valve adjust, and air filter. I'm sure all that will only help the smelly exhaust some.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Looks like a "fits all" muffler tip product. Also I do not see where they offer a Goldwing package. I would suspect that simply replacing your stock mufflers with a set of straight pipes, possibly with some "cheese grater" style baffles, might produce similar results.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Before cutting up your system I would find a friend or acquaintance that has a nonstock system and try it for a ride to see how you like it. Especially if your other half rides with you. Ive been on trike group rides with people who put aftermarket systems on their bikes and trikes and after awhile the can be annoying. Some years ago my late wife and I going through Ohio wound up behind a wing that had straight pipes with no baffles . It was almost as bad as being behind a Harley with straight pipes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Torque master pipes with torque loops on a 2015 there is no need to cut the cats off . The loops by pass the cats . Check his website for h.p and torque . Plus a 30 lb. decrease in weight

·
Registered
49 Posts
put torque loops and torque master pipes on my 2006 and I had to cut the cats off behind the manifold connect the loops. I also replace the O2 sensors at that time just because it was easy to do. No problems so far,have over 80,000 miles on the exhaust system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much for your input! Im gonna look into the torque master pipes and see what they run. Yall have a great weekend and ride safe!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Way back when I was young(er) exhaust sound and wheel style were important to me. Now it's not, whether it's on mine or someone else's. It doesn't impress me anymore and a lot of it annoys me (and others). Got use to quiet on the ST1300 (even with the rather odd sound they emit) and really like the soft quiet rumble of the Wing. The few times we have ridden in even small groups it's nice when they are all quiet, especially for the long haul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts