GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been stuck at home after recent surgery. And haven't ridden since before last Thanksgiving. My itch to ride is getting awful. Gonna have to scratch it soon. But until then I have to settle for sitting here in my chair with my helmet on. LOL.

My wife and I had the O'neal Full Face helmets last year. I liked them a lot and the fit was great. But they have a couple of years on them and I wanted to try a modular helmet. Did some shopping and read a lot of reviews. I settled on the Bell EVO helmets. They arrived and the fit is spot on. Love the flip up on the modular. Will make it much easier to grab a breath of air or a sip off a water bottle. I ordered extra the photo chromatic shields. These will go from clear at night to a dark smoke on a sunny day. And they also have an additional flip down tinted for extra eye protection on an intensely sunny day. Our old helmets had a dark smoke shield, but I would have to flip it up at night before and wear clear glasses to keep bugs out. So I think I will like these Bell Photo Chromatic shields a lot.

And since I am sitting here with time to kill, I can get our SENA sets affixed and ready to go.

Man, I am looking forward to that first ride of 2014 soon!

image.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry to hear about the surgery keeping you from riding, sounds like its been a while and the itch is getting to you. Once you get back to riding, post and let us know how you like the Bell EVO helmets. I'm currently running with a Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer helmet and I'm looking for another modular.

·
Registered
163 Posts
bell evo

You are going to love that helmet. I have the Bell Revolver Evo and it is great. The fit is nice, weight is good, wind noise low, easy flip up, speaker pockets . I don't have the photochromatic, but will definitely look at it. It sells for around 100.00 I think. I don't think I would honestly want any other lid on the market in that price range. Enjoy, I know you will!!

Bradg

·
Registered
135 Posts
SteveMac, I hope you have had some time to get out for a ride and try out your new helmets. Do you have any more input to share on the Bell Revolver EVO since you have had them for a little while now? I am close to placing an order for one. Thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am new to the modular helmets too. Only about 2 months with my Nolan N103, and I really like the flip-up for fresh air or talking, etc. Now if I can only get my wife to see the better side of these helmets. :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts