GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did a search and couldn't locate anything on how to remove and replace the left saddlebag and left trunk moldings.

I backed into my shed and scraped them up pretty good so either I'll have to order more (which will be a butt load of doh) or I'll have to remove them and take them to my paint guy and have him do em up.

Anyway, not sure how you take those moldings off so if someone has a trick to getting them off quickly, I'd appreciate it.

Shoots

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey guys, I did a search and couldn't locate anything on how to remove and replace the left saddlebag and left trunk moldings.

I backed into my shed and scraped them up pretty good so either I'll have to order more (which will be a butt load of doh) or I'll have to remove them and take them to my paint guy and have him do em up.

Anyway, not sure how you take those moldings off so if someone has a trick to getting them off quickly, I'd appreciate it.

Shoots
Shooter,

How bad are those trim pieces damaged ?
I have chrome on mine that I am changing out to black.

I purchased trim for the bags (?) and have yet to secure the trim for the trunk. If you want chrome you can have em for the price of shipping once I secure a set for the trunk.

RJ

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

Shoots
What year & what color.. I may have some. If I dont someone else might!! Even if I dont have the rite color I may have some with no gouges...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RJ, I appreciate it bud. My bike is yellow I don't think the chrome would look to good. Thank you for the offer.

Shooter,

How bad are those trim pieces damaged ?
I have chrome on mine that I am changing out to black.

I purchased trim for the bags (?) and have yet to secure the trim for the trunk. If you want chrome you can have em for the price of shipping once I secure a set for the trunk.

RJ

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2010 in the "Hot rod yellow," or whatever they call it.

What year & what color.. I may have some. If I dont someone else might!! Even if I dont have the rite color I may have some with no gouges...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts