GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need something to look forward to and since I'm hoping this stuff begins to clear up enough for everyone to get out again by June, I thought it would be good to post this, set a date and hope for the best. (y) (y) (y)

For the past couple of years I've started a thread very much like this one to invite people to come in and enjoy some Arkansas Ozarks Riding. I'm never really sure how it will turn out and really wonder if I might end up riding alone for three days.

So far it has turned out great! Several people have found the time to attend. Not only do we tear up some Arkansas Roads, we have a GREAT time doing it!

If you working folks can get some time off, come on over. And you retired guys, you know the time is there. Just got to move some things around and come to Arkansas. The only requirement is you must be open to having LOTS of FUN!!

If this virus stuff goes away and we are allowed free reign again @gwhobo and myself will be doing a lot of riding. If these three dates don't suit you then pick some others. We will be READY to ride!!

This is a show up and ride event, no other things are planned, no rates organized with the motels, etc. etc.

We will base out of Morrilton, Arkansas which is in West Central part of the state on I-40. We have 3 motels in town including a Super 8, Holiday Inn Express and a Days In. The first two are located at the 108 exit which is closer to where we will meet each morning. If your not able to get accommodations in Morrilton my suggestion would be Russellville where there are several choices of places to stay.

Just to explain the origin of the name given to this event, below is a copy and paste from @Donnieontheroad

Hey .... what's a Ride In if you don't have a special name for this event so people can refer to it in some respectful way and reminisce about how great is was later? May I suggest the MRI - Monk's Ride In? Sure ... we've all heard of the SMRI - Smokey Mountain Ride In but I would suggest Bob deserves to have his own Ride In named after his handle. After all ... an MRI does give a Doctor all the good details and in depth information about a patients condition. Bob certainly treats his patients (us poor slobs looking for a great curvy road) the same way. He gives us a detailed look and great experience riding by leading us on some of the best curvy roads in the country every time we show up in Arkansas. Without a doubt after a 3 day exam on those roads with Bob we all feel much better and know exactly what condition our condition is in.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like things in Arkansas are beginning to turn the corner. Hope it continues. Below is a copy and paste from a press release from Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson. The parts in italics are the changes.

LODGING RESTRICTIONS

Out-of-state residents traveling for recreational purposes had been banned from staying in Arkansas hotels and motels since April 4 in an attempt to reduce coronavirus infections in the state.

All camping was banned in Arkansas state parks until last Friday, when Arkansas residents were once again allowed to stay overnight in recreational vehicles. Such camping was still prohibited for out-of-state residents, however.

Hutchinson said Tuesday that the restrictions will remain in place for people traveling from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Orleans, where the virus is more prevalent, or from overseas.

The Health Department has recommended that travelers from those areas quarantine themselves for 14 days after arriving in Arkansas.

But travelers from other areas are now allowed to stay overnight in Arkansas hotels and in recreational vehicles in state parks, Hutchinson said.

Out-of-state travelers will also be allowed to stay in park cabins and lodges when those reopen for guests on May 15, Hutchinson said.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And on that note...reservations made! :giggle:
Good to know. Larry and I will continue to work on keeping the roads broke in for all the MRI arrivals! (y) ;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You just never know when you come to the Ozarks about those chickens....

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got news just now on Social Media ... The Oark General Store is open again. Lunch only, take out only from 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. (y) (y) Guess we would have to sit somewhere in the parking to eat, but at least we can get pie!! :)

We have 5 weeks until this event ... maybe things will be a little better by then!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Reservations made. Looking forward to riding those wonderful Arkansas roads again!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went out this morning to do a little research for this event. At the Super 8 the breakfast available consists of coffee and juice. And the Waffle House next door has this sign up.

I suspect if they reopen it will be take out only since they have such a small area for dine in. I also checked the Holiday Inn Express and found this sign.

After doing some research on other motels for an upcoming trip I found pretty much the same thing. The locations that had started serving food, had it set up as take out only, meaning to your room to eat.

At this time there are no restaurants set up in Morrilton for dine in. This event is still 5 weeks away. I would expect that to change by then. Larry and I are riding up to Harrison tomorrow and meeting with Randy at Jamie's. They are setup for dine in now. The locations with small dining rooms will have the most difficultly meeting the guidelines for "social distancing".

Another place in Morrilton to get breakfast would be the McDonalds across the street. We also have a new Casey's General Store located on the same street across from the hospital. They have some breakfast items for sale. There is a Sonic located next to the Holiday Inn Express where breakfast should be available. I will have to verify that in a later post.

I will attempt to research the food situation more in depth the week prior to the event and post up.

Two places that have recently opened back up with take out only are the Oark General Store and Heidi's Ugly Cakes. So we shouldn't starve.;)

That is all for now, looking forward to another good time!!! (y)(y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gilbert Store. Sorry I can’t join up for the MRI this year.
Sorry you can't make it ... looking for sunny skies and all this rain the be gone by then!! (y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts