GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
:wink2:Doug

Hey Shooter: How can you be friends with Doug. He is so hard headed and set in his ways, it's no wonder you guys argue all the time.

>:)
Well , its like this , we have a lot in common. Both 6'4" , 240 pounds and built like a linebacker. Both of us have smokin hot ole ladies and we both have a chip on our shoulder. Most days we would like to shoot something and we do. Other than that and our boyish good looks and the fact that we both own blindingly fast F6B's I really don't know much about Doug.

·
Registered
952 Posts
6'4? That wasn't the guy i met. We must be talking about 2 different ornery guys. lol

I guess you will just have to meet him in person and find out for yourself just how bad he really is.

·
Registered
952 Posts
:razz::grin2:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hey , no matter how cantankerous he is , I understand it. After dealing with the public on a daily basis for over 40 years I have a pretty good handle on people. Me and Doug are buds no matter what. We go way back to another forum. They didn't like us over there. Too opinionated. Imagine that.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You deserve each other. Both full of it.

Doug: Shooter is holding up for you. what the heck?

Doug can i tell him now that you put me up to this?>:)

F

·
0 Posts
Hey , no matter how cantankerous he is , I understand it. After dealing with the public on a daily basis for over 40 years I have a pretty good handle on people. Me and Doug are buds no matter what. We go way back to another forum. They didn't like us over there. Too opinionated. Imagine that.
We were not opinionated over there.
We were just correct 99% of the time and proved it with facts not lemming "so and so said it was right so it has to be true" answers.
Then again maybe we are just a tad opinionated. ;) :lol:
"Thunder buddies for life! :)

Doug

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sure glad we went to Moonshine yesterday with all that sunshine. Great ride and socializing.

F

·
0 Posts
It was a great ride and socializing for sure.
On the way back my GPS decided I needed to go from pavement, to a gravel road, to a dirt road.
The gravel road changed to a dirt road after I crested a hill.
I hit about an 8.9 on the "pucker" scale for just a second. hahaha
It was a 305 mile day, so not bad for February.
Tomorrow (Monday) should be around 500 miles.

Doug

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It was a great ride and socializing for sure.
On the way back my GPS decided I needed to go from pavement, to a gravel road, to a dirt road.
The gravel road changed to a dirt road after I crested a hill.
I hit about an 8.9 on the "pucker" scale for just a second. hahaha
It was a 305 mile day, so not bad for February.
Tomorrow (Monday) should be around 500 miles.

Doug
Steve loves to ride those types of roads!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

F

·
0 Posts
Steve loves to ride those types of roads!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Duckster,
I don't mind them either.
Well, except when you come over a blind hill and it goes to dirt.:surprise:
I figured Illinois must have run out of money at the point of repaving.:)
Steve told me I need to come over and ride with you guys.
I am all for that.
I need a change of scenery.

Doug

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I did that blind hill to 3 inches of gravel thing back in November at about 50mph. I swear it was a great blacktop , then it wasn't. I think I reset the pucker scale. My alligator seat is missing a scale.

F

·
0 Posts
I did that blind hill to 3 inches of gravel thing back in November at about 50mph. I swear it was a great blacktop , then it wasn't. I think I reset the pucker scale. My alligator seat is missing a scale.
This was from blacktop to almost powdered dirt.
Heck at the end of the dirt was a stop sign.
I thought "how crazy is this,dirt road with a stop sign?" haha

Doug

·
Registered
952 Posts
So i guess i shouldn't follow Duckster OR flat6bagger or i will be going down a rock or dirt road.

If you really want a rock or dirt road i can find them around here too and they won't be flatland roads either. lol

I think i'll go to Harbor Freight in Evansville tomorrow since it is going to be 70F again.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There is all kinda reasons not to follow flat6bagger. I'm not one to tell secrets though. I can't speak for Duck , although I would like to.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think someone needs to invest in a Garmin. I have been to Moonshine many times. One of my early trips 7 or 8 years ago we saw a route on a short cut that was gravel but drove around it.

F

·
0 Posts
I think someone needs to invest in a Garmin. I have been to Moonshine many times. One of my early trips 7 or 8 years ago we saw a route on a short cut that was gravel but drove around it.
I was using my Garmin.
That is what caused me to be on those roads!
I just updated the maps before I left also.

Doug

21 - 40 of 45 Posts