GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody out there ever been to Moonshine,IL. It seems to be a popular destanation for bikers.

It is a small town (population 4, I think). They are known for the worlds best hamburgers and were featured on a Sunday morning TV show a while back.

I am looking for directions. Some time back on some biker site a fellow wrote about his experience of getting there, it took him awhile to find it and it involved some gravel roads, but once there another biker told him how to get there without using any gravel roads.

Anyone been there who can get me close? I will be leaving from the Chicago area.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Looks like they lost 50% of their population. Only 2 left. :D
If you took I 57 south to Effingham, then you could work your way east on the side roads.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You mean this little old place. I did manage to get lost trying to get there and had to ride about 3 miles (seemed like 30) of freshly graded, river gravel, road. But I did manage to stay on the chip-n-seal road on the way out.

Neat place. Don't order a double burger unless you are really hungry. And don't arrive late expecting to be waited on. LOL

Jerry

BTW...The population, according to the sign, is 2. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
The home of the Original Hubcap Hambuger - Cotham's General Store, Scott, AR. East of Little Rock/North Little Rock. It's made with a full pound of beef and it's hard to eat the hole burger.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Burgers are going real cheap for some reason out here near Seattle, not exactly sure why... :roll:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey Jon, just don't get MAD at the COWs. :hamburger: :eat2: :D

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
markj said:
Round these heah parts we have the riverdog burger, 1.5 lbs of Nebraska Beef on a bun with every trimmin you can imagine. I have not been able to eat one in one sitting yet, next time.................
Hey Mark,

My wife grew up in Council Bluffs. Where can we get river burgers next time we're back there?

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts