GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Wing with the OEM CB and for the most part love it. Works as good if not better than an of the previous Wing CB's I have had. However, I have one problem, if I ride in the rain the CB output diminishes (other riders can't hear me), input seems to be fine and after riding for a while it starts squealing very bad when I try to transmit (about blows the others out of their seat). After riding for sometime in the dry the squeal goes away, seems to me something is getting wet. I've had the bike to my dealer twice and they are stumped. Any ideas Guys? THANKS Steve [email protected] [/SIZE]

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I have a 2012 Wing with the OEM CB and for the most part love it. Works as good if not better than an of the previous Wing CB's I have had. However, I have one problem, if I ride in the rain the CB output diminishes (other riders can't hear me), input seems to be fine and after riding for a while it starts squealing very bad when I try to transmit (about blows the others out of their seat). After riding for sometime in the dry the squeal goes away, seems to me something is getting wet. I've had the bike to my dealer twice and they are stumped. Any ideas Guys? THANKS Steve [email protected] [/SIZE]
Check your antenna base for movement around that small rivet near the foldover

You can also wrap your CB and cables in kitchen foil this helps

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your antenna base for movement around that small rivet near the foldover

You can also wrap your CB and cables in kitchen foil this helps

Think you missed the point, it ONLY happens when it rains (gets wet).

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Think you missed the point, it ONLY happens when it rains (gets wet).
Nope didn't miss the point rain changes many things including the way your CB transmission acts

Check and try what I said

·
Registered
496 Posts
Have you had the VSWR checked on your antenna, if your VSWR is on the high side and the antenna gets wet this could change the resonates of the antenna to such a degree that your transmissions are diminished and could cause a squeal in your transmissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts