GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all have pretty much convinced my husband to go dark! Now I need your help! Before he changes over, he would like to meet with someone who has run a ct. We live in SW KS and if anyone out in this area runs one please let us know! We are also going to be in Branson, MO the week of Sept.12. If there is anyone in that area please send me a message and let's see if we can get together! :yes1:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just do it...worst case is you don't like it....not the
end of the world. You'll like it, very few haven't.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I will never go back to a MC tire - my wife loves the feel and I feel very safe with my RF. Tell him to just do it.....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I will never go back to a MC tire - my wife loves the feel and I feel very safe with my RF. Tell him to just do it.....
+ 1 :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Pick one of the most used tires that you see on here and just go for it. I prefer the runflats. The difference in handling is what I consider very minimal- after about a hundred miles, you will forget about the tire as far as handling goes; but you will continue to enjoy a smoother ride!
I am on my 2nd runflat; I have over 20,000 miles now on car tires, and I will NEVER go back to a regular MT on the rear of my wing.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
ok.. just trying to figure this out... Are you Slimhowdy, or Mrs. Slimhowdy? doesn't matter too much, just like to know this stuff...

Welcome to the board.

You are gonna LOVE the ride of your life! If you want to come toward Nebraska, we can bolt on my old TripleTred (it's only got 42k miles on it....just like new) and you can actually try one out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok.. just trying to figure this out... Are you Slimhowdy, or Mrs. Slimhowdy? doesn't matter too much, just like to know this stuff...

Welcome to the board.

You are gonna LOVE the ride of your life! If you want to come toward Nebraska, we can bolt on my old TripleTred (it's only got 42k miles on it....just like new) and you can actually try one out!

Well...... I run as slimhowdy... long story but I am the better half! Mrs! He makes me do all the posts as I am on the computer WAY more than he is and do most of the research! :p and appreciate the offer! we'll have to decide what we're gonna do! :yes1:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
sounds like he married up Slimhowdy. I live in Ft Smith AR with one of those "dangerous" car tires on my motorbike. I need to get up to Honda of Fayetteville sometime in the next month to exchange a part. Not too sure if that's feasable for you or not. I also have the tripletred on my bike. Glad to show you the bike if need be. Best days are tuesdays and saturdays.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I used to do bank jobs in Garden City and western Kansas back in the day....

Trust us, just do it.

Being a previous Kansan myself I know what those roads are like out that way.

If you find for some strange reason that you don't like it (I know YOU will but the driver might not) I'm sure that someone here would take it off your hands.

There have been a couple of folks that don't like the way it "feels" and have gone back to MC tires.

But very precious few compared to the number that have tried it and liked it.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome Slimhowdy. The best thing to do is get a rear trike take off rim. Pick you the tire you want and have it mounted. You really cant get the feel of it if you just ride someone elses wing with a C/T for five minutes. You may be able to find someone in the area that has one mounted that would be willing to put it on your Wing and let you ride around on it for a day.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
email sent, I'll get them converted :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Try it, you'll like it!

·
Registered
898 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts