GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received disturbing email from 1500rider !!! Apparently our ride in motel is still playing games now there is new rate that took effect as of the 16th of this month. I do not know what it is yet. I will try to talk to manager but that took over a week last time so don't hold your breath. I told them over messages and emails I wanted same set up as Mayflower. SAME . Be prepared for this who have not made reservations yet most likely will have to pay higher than thought rate. Unbelievable the hassle for a motel I am not even staying at :?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
George I sincerely enjoyed working for you as your secretary, but I found a job to better myself. So please take this as my 2 week notice. I will be scrapping gum off of school buss seats, as you can plainly see this is an ungrade in careers for me . ..... I just Called motel and group sales manager (?? ) will be in at 9 am. I highly suspect we are screwed on price if not already reserved but I will try,whine ,bitch, cry, and plead with them. Sorry for hassle and this is the cause of my changing careers . Just call me GS32 ( gum scrapper) :excited:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Motel Price

Hey Ex-sec,
We made our reservation, at CopaCabana, on Mon. (9-26-11), was qouted a price of $64.00 tax included. Thought that was "about" right.
Room with 2 Queens (The Beds !!!)
Randy, Thanks for all your work on this. See you there. BobU

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Hey Ex-sec,
We made our reservation, at CopaCabana, on Mon. (9-26-11), was qouted a price of $64.00 tax included. Thought that was "about" right.
Room with 2 Queens (The Beds !!!)
Randy, Thanks for all your work on this. See you there. BobU
That is the correct rate. I think next spring we will pick a different place, maybe in Clintonville or Omro.....lol. I tried to call also this morning and got no answer. Phone must be out due to the severe winter storms they had ???

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
George I sincerely enjoyed working for you as your secretary, but I found a job to better myself. So please take this as my 2 week notice. I will be scrapping gum off of school buss seats, as you can plainly see this is an ungrade in careers for me . ..... I just Called motel and group sales manager (?? ) will be in at 9 am. I highly suspect we are screwed on price if not already reserved but I will try,whine ,bitch, cry, and plead with them. Sorry for hassle and this is the cause of my changing careers . Just call me GS32 ( gum scrapper) :excited:
Oh sure just when I was going to promote you and give you a raise.

·
Love The DCT
12,091 Posts
Just received disturbing email from 1500rider !!! Apparently our ride in motel is still playing games now there is new rate that took effect as of the 16th of this month. I do not know what it is yet. I will try to talk to manager but that took over a week last time so don't hold your breath. I told them over messages and emails I wanted same set up as Mayflower. SAME . Be prepared for this who have not made reservations yet most likely will have to pay higher than thought rate. Unbelievable the hassle for a motel I am not even staying at :?
The way their policy reads on their website, they can change the rates anytime they please.

"GENERAL INFORMATION"

"Children three and under stay free with parents. Extra persons add $15.00 per night. Cribs & rollaways add $10.00 per night. Group rates may be available with 10 or more rooms. All rates are subject to change without notice. All rates are subject to state & local taxes. Weekends - two-night minimum stay may apply."

The rates will go up the weekend we are there because of the Chili Cookoff event on Oct. 8th so naturally they will jack up the room rates just like they do in the summer. There's no way those rooms are worth what they charge in the summertime.

"Chili Cookoff will take place in downtown Wisconsin Dells. Featuring a Texas Hold'em Tournament, Live Entertainment, Pony Rides, Stage Coach Rides, Bull Ride, Vendors and of course CHILI! Chili tasting open to public. Awards presentation to follow. Chilis will be awarded by: People's Choice, Judge's Choice and Hottest Chili."

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
So i am honeslty never one to stick up for a motel since i spent almost 3 months in hotels due to work and personal vactions in the past 12 months, BUT... There was a timeline given to "transfer" the reservations. Did they ever commit to ADDING more rooms at the same rate? Thet are a very exacting bunch, and given the dismal year last year with the lake... well... let the turnit squeeze begin....

Are towels extra? :eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never underestimate my stupidity

Read this !!Ok it will be the same rate till Friday the7th NOON . Now with that said availability is only bummer if type of room is booked before you call they will have to set you up with a higher price room maybe not in the block I got set aside . But if you call and make reservations under the Gl1800 block,they will honor the lower rate around $64 total. My gift to sweet talk and bull**** payed off again. BTW George I will expect a farewell party when I leave as your secertary. :thumbup: Loren camper sleeps 2 unless wife asks a few of her girl friends along :lol: Greg call back and reserve room your good to go :thumbup: George I may consider counter offers :shrug: whatcha got ? You will never find another like me and you know it :lol::22yikes: Jill ( general manager) was alerting desk staff of our lengthy discussion along with rate for us till Friday noon so there should be no problems, or so I hope !!

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A bump so it stays on top till ride in !!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Good job. I knew you could do it. The secretary always wins. My secretary at work manages to handle every issue I give her.BTW Randy I did check on that new job you were looking at and it does involve using your own toothbrush. You may want to reconsider because I read soewhere that gum under chairs and tables contains moore infectous germs than toilet seats in a strip club. I am thinking that Secretary32 didn't go to work today. After the people at the hotel didn't answer my calls 3 times today and when they finally did they told me that they were working on it with another party. I figured it had to be Randy and he wasn't answering his phone, so since my company has done business with the company he works for, I called them. I was informed that Randy called in today. At 9 I got a call from him saying he was out riding but he thought everything was going to work outm but he would call me back at noon. Well my7 phone rang at 11 but I was in a meeting and couldn't answer. After the meeting I check my message and he said all ok and he was heading for the poconos. (not sure where they are but I think in PA) Tonight he called at 4:15 saying he had been riding all day and was heading home soon. He hoped to be home in time to take a short nap and go to work. I just checked and PA is correct. Some people will use any excuse to gain miles.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Rail you are the secretary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This is forever:congrats:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I heard this is one of those jobs that you keep until you find someone else to do it.
Good Luck.

·
Love The DCT
12,091 Posts
Got my reservations made at the Copa this morning. Phone was answered promptly this morning about 9 AM. If you come in Thursday, the room rate is 55 bucks plus tax. ($64.78 ) On Friday, the price goes to 58 bucks plus tax a night. The gal that answered the phone was very friendly. :doorag:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
From the picture it looks like Murf got a new bike.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perhaps, perhaps not. :lol::lol: We will keep ya guessing till next Thursday evening. I'm coming in a day early to do some "leaf peeping" on the way down. :doorag:
A peeping Murf their the worse :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts