GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the thread about removing the footpegs and all the responses I decided what the hey I'll just try it with them removed. Now you got to remember I've just riden the trike about 120 miles but it sure felt like this is right for me. I may change my mind after a long trip. I couldn't tell much difference in accelleration but noticed my fuel guage dropped quicker. I'm still amazed at how easy it steers. This trike is more than I hoped for. Charley

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think your just about along the same lines as ever body that gets their first trike. Now the hard part is waiting until you can put some miles and really get a feel for what it will do, then the fun starts. Fuel is problem, but if I am on the interstate and can get 33MPG I happyer the a pig in whatever they are the happiest in. Oh ya the right hand does have something to do with MPG, and I find it sometimes harder to back off that little bit when I am on the trike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gas, running around town the needle does drop fast, but freeway we got around 34:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Keep it under 3,000 rpm and you will do much better on mileage.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Steering

Charley: Good to hear you are healing well AND riding AND enjoying your new trike:doorag:

Can't remember what you've done to your new trike: did you rake it? change the bearings? Why do you feel it steers so easily??

Johnny

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Keep it under 3,000 rpm and you will do much better on mileage.

Now George,everyone knows the only time you're under 3000 rpm's is while sitting at a Red Light! :lol::roll::rolleyes::roll::rolleyes::cool::lol:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charley: Good to hear you are healing well AND riding AND enjoying your new trike:doorag:

Can't remember what you've done to your new trike: did you rake it? change the bearings? Why do you feel it steers so easily??

Johnny
I had the full Traxion setup plus all-balls installed when it was a 2 wheeler. When I had it triked I added the rake kit. I'm sure all brand trikes steer easy, I just didn't realize how easy. Charley

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I had the full Traxion setup plus all-balls installed when it was a 2 wheeler. When I had it triked I added the rake kit. I'm sure all brand trikes steer easy, I just didn't realize how easy. Charley
Not so in my opinion :shock: I rode my MT for 15 K before the rake was added. The difference is like daylight and dark. If you want to see just how easy it is with out the rake ride one for a day or two, it is a good work out...

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Not quite. The rake kit does a great job. I have the same TRAXXION-All Balls front end, but no rake, and it steers harder than one that just has the rake. But I like the resistance and the really short turn radius.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts