GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ole Steve came home from the hospital last week and continues to rehab every day. However, he's still confined to a wheelchair due to the extensive hip and pelvis damage. Annette showed me his xray - I thought I was at Home Depot on the fastener isle! Drywall screws, lag bolts and mending plates everywhere. Whenever he wheels past the refrigerator, Annette's kitchen magnets fly off the refrigerator and onto Steve!

His brother-in-law and one of his good friends modified some of the doorways in his house so the wheelchair can pass through. They also constructed a "runway" across the sunken livingroom so he has access to other important parts of the house (like the regrigerator and magnets).

Although Steve could sit on the Sweet Thang's seat for hours and days on end, the wheelchair seat isn't quite as kind. Well, in steps John Conley of Bike Solutions, LLC (http://www.BikeSolutionsLLC.com). John has constructed and donated a custom pad for Steve's wheelchair. May not be a GL1800 but Steve is still very pleased and appreciative. Thanks, John!

Good news is that the wheelchair is a temporary thing (2 - 3 more months).

More to follow ...

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Steve- Get well soon and completely. Entirely to many people from this board are laid up. Maybe we could have a pool on the date of the first bike ride for the cadre of wounded :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Thanks for the post, Dick. You're not going to keep ole Steve down for long. He's got that old Army Hoo-Rah spirit, and it doesn't die easily in old war horses.

Keep up the good work, Sarge!

Mesquite Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts