GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the adversity that this board has seen lately, I really don't want to add to the burden, but right now I am sitting here feeling helpless, and have nowhere else to turn right now, so I need everyone's help. I just learned tonight that a close friend of mine is fighting in intensive care after having a serious accident.

He and some friends had traveled to Wayne National Forest for their annual weekend of tearing up the trails with their ATV's in the Appalachian Foothills.

While climbing a hill, his ATV flipped over and landed on him. At this point, all we know is that he has 10 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a fractured spine. No prognosis has been given yet. I hope to learn more tomorrow. Fortunately, he is young and strong and a fighter.

Please pray for him to fully recover. We need him.

UPDATE 6/13 11:30am
I just got a minor update. All we have found out so far is that he is stable, and he opened his eyes last night. But he is still in intensive care, and doctors are not allowing anyone to see him. They haven't really said much of anything just yet. I guess it is still too early to tell.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Prayers sent from the Firelands area.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
So sorry to hear about your friend. Your request for prayers is being answered at this very moment from Nebraska. Please keep us informed and let us know how things progress...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Accidents Happen and So Do Miracles...Here's Hoping for the Best for your Friend and His Family...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Doctors can do real miracles when they have help from above. We hope he makes it out of this okay.

·
15 year Member
6,867 Posts
Very Serious Injuries....

Prayers from NV...

Matt(BCNV)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
From one Trail tearer-upper to another... he has my prayers, as do you.

Bob

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very sorry to hear of this. Will say a prayer for your friend for a full and speedy recovery.
As for feeling helpless, what you can do is exactly what you're doing, keeping him in your thoughts, reaching out to your support circle and praying for him.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Prayers sent for your friend, and for you Larry, From Michigan.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts