GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am watching the weather as I type and I noticed that we have more snow on the way Wednesday, with some accumulations up to 6 inches. What a way to ruin a good weekend. I am pushing 600 miles so far this month. I should hit that by the time I get home from breakfast this morning. The bike really runs good when the air is cold. I need to talk to pit900 and start to plan our Monks run in the dells soon. Them burgers sound good right now.

HANG IN THERE BEV!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
George, what and when is this Monks run???

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
George, what and when is this Monks run???

hello all vette and i get a few poeple together from around here. appleton area. and the first good saturday. read over 40 most of the day. we make a run to the dells and have a burger at monk's and then haul ass back before it gets to dark and cold.

have a nice day all

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. What pit said. Always worth the burger and a good ride on top of that.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you go to Monks, you can smell the onions cooking on the grill from 3 establishments away. They are not those burgers made in a press where they all look alike. They are thick and appear to be hand patted out. They are thick and yes they are a bit greesy, but hey what a great taste. I always believed if it is not particularly healthy it will most likely taste good and these burgers taste great. pitt and I have been going for the last 5 years and I have been going for a few more than that. You are all welcome to join us if you like.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
i have never been to any Monks
looks like there are 2 in the dells which one do u go to, downtown or wilderness ?

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one downtown. Better food. Even one of the bartenders said so.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Over 40 degrees?!

gentlemen,

Wish I could join you, But I will be glad to in June or later. But over 40...this is the one thing i like about being here in NC. I will be riding tomorrow and the next day and the next day and on and on and on..

ok... ready to get my a## kicked now! hehe :joke:

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
gentlemen,

Wish I could join you, But I will be glad to in June or later. But over 40...this is the one thing i like about being here in NC. I will be riding tomorrow and the next day and the next day and on and on and on..

ok... ready to get my a## kicked now! hehe :joke:
after hearing how many miles vettesherps has already this year i just had to go 4 a ride yesterday, 200 miles, 23 degrees when i left. 7 when i got home, no heated gear

if i had known about Monks thats where i probably would have gone instead

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you got out today Mike. It looks like it is going to turn to crap later tomorrow. I will most likely ride to work and home, but that is it. I need to find a way to make money with out going to work and still stay out of jail....lol

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it's here. I woke up this morning and found 2 inches of the ugly white stuff on the ground. Watched the weather hoping to see a general warming trend, but no luck. Looks we are going back in the deep freeze for a few days. Hopefully the last hurah for winter, but I wouldn't count on it. Could very well be the Monks run will be in March instead of February.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
we got 2-3 inches snow, wishing for more so we could open the snowmobile trails again, i have a feeling March is going to be a rough one

·
Registered
757 Posts
As of now, we got almost nothing in snow, just light rain. I was in the park hitting golf balls this morning, not to bad for February. Ground was just a little hard, but I'm use to that. We will see what happens tonight with the weather. George, give me a call when you guys get a date for monks, I'm in.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will Do!!! I can assure it will not be this weekend though.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sorry

Thursday

Sunny

Hi 59°F

:wrong:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts