GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD was giving disk error. :(
Took it out today and probably could have fixed it. Rack off the tracks.
Have an Ipod so why bother? 8)
The CB I never use and if I did no one heard me or would respond.
Had it replaced under warranty twice. Not sure why. :?:
So today I removed both and have a nice place to store my tools, air pump and first aid kit.
That feels good!! :yes:
Don't know why I waited so long to remove the aggravation.
TR

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sometimes, the most obvious answer just flies up and hits you between the eyes. I've had it happen more than once.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Wow. Used my CB today, and it worked wonderfully, and made an enjoyable ride even better. Wouldn't be without one anymore.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Considering selling the cb? Email me...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
$600.00 for CB

$120.00 for Antenna

$820.00 for CD Player
-----------

$1,540.00 - if you install yourself.

I guess some folks like that, and it IS their money, I can't argue with that either.

However, I agree with ya WarBirdBob, and with Cellphones for getting out of trouble, HAM Radio, FRS et all....it's an expensive hobby...you'd never see me spending that kind of money for what I feel is $100.00 worth of stuff, but, that's what hobbies are for I imagine.

·
Registered
922 Posts
CD player im with you, but CB, like YW mine is on 24/7, it makes formation ridding wonderfull, lane changes are like balerina moves, plus it makes the trip safer, more eyes to look around. When I am solo I talk to truckers to get the latest traffic info. I installed it myself, best 500.00 I have spent on the bike so far. Only thing is the short range it seems to have, I would bet it is less than 2 miles for transmiting, the trucks I can hear from far away depending on elevation.

Like you I use the additional space for tire plugs and manuel. Plus a few maps.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have the CD changer as well. If I was was buying an 1800 today, that's one expensive option I'd do without. The iPod is a better way to go for all sorts of reasons.

But it would be a good selling point, if I ever had to sell my Wing!

G

·
yellow wolf said:
HMMMMMMMMM USE MY C/D PLAYER 100% OF THE TIMES AND C/B IS ON 24/7 AND NOT ONE PROBLEM IN 76,000 MILES !!!!!!!!
YW............ you can ride like you do and still play with electronics....you are AMAZING........... :bow: :biker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts