GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few more fun pics from the bike show. Enjoy !

I didn`t get a good shot of Michelle Smith.........too far. However............

Roger

·
Registered
310 Posts
Roger,

Don't listen to S.S., I am not a big fan of custom choppers, but this is still eye candy!

Did they display some of the latest models that we might find interesting to actual ride on a trip, say, to Bike Week in Daytona this March??

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve Smith said:
Ummm, so what is this crap? Might be more appropiate to show those pics on a hardley web site I.M.O.
Sorry !!! I thought it was motorcycle related.

Roger

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Steve Smith said:
Ummm, so what is this crap? Might be more appropiate to show those pics on a hardley web site I.M.O.
I love when a member for one month tells a charter member to go some where else.

Reminds of all the rookies we are now hiring that know more then the 20 year veterans. Sometimes this board is like being at work.

Great pics Roger. Keep up the good work. I'd never own one of them but I would love to take one for a spin. They sure are good to look at.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jonargreen said:
Roger,

Don't listen to S.S., I am not a big fan of custom choppers, but this is still eye candy!

Did they display some of the latest models that we might find interesting to actual ride on a trip, say, to Bike Week in Daytona this March??

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG
Perhaps something like this one, Jonar. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tequilaroy said:
Steve Smith said:
I love when a member for one month tells a charter member to go some where else.

Reminds of all the rookies we are now hiring that know more then the 20 year veterans. Sometimes this board is like being at work.

Great pics Roger. Keep up the good work. I'd never own one of them but I would love to take one for a spin. They sure are good to look at.
Thx for that, Roy. :wink:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Steve Smith said:

Ditto Rog. Thanks for the pics. BTW, there are some members of this board that have "Choppers" as well as wings.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WhiskeryGoofy said:
tequilaroy said:
Steve Smith said:

Ditto Rog. Thanks for the pics. BTW, there are some members of this board that have "Choppers" as well as wings.
Thx ! I was considering not posting anymore custom bike pics, but since there are a few interested members here, I will most likely post a few more. I too, wouldn`t think of owning most of these bikes, however, one will not turn into a pillar of salt simply by looking at them. :wink:

Roger

·
Registered
311 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Just curious what makes one a charter member? What type of prestige does that entitle one to? Not trying to be a smart a$$ (I don't have to its a natural thing :lol: ).
tequilaroy said:
This statement reminds me of the attitude of the dinosaurs who think just because they have been occupying a chair since the beginning of time. The new guys coming in right out of tech schools with their brains set to constant learn mode have to tiptoe around the dinosaurs wondering how they survived the last ice age.
tequilaroy said:
Agree 100%

T-Roy please don't take any of this as a personal attack, it is not intended that way. Just having fun and waiting for the caffine to kick me in the brain so I can get to work. I fit more in the dinosaur mold (been in telecommunications since '79).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
gdaddy said:
T-Roy please don't take any of this as a personal attack, it is not intended that way. Just having fun and waiting for the caffine to kick me in the brain so I can get to work. I fit more in the dinosaur mold (been in telecommunications since '79).
I try not to take anything from a computer posting as a personal attack. And while I can't speak of the technical world, I can speak of the world of Emergency Services. As a paramedic for longer than I care to admit and an EMT for several years before that, I am confident I know how to conduct myself on the job. I love the 18-25 year olds that are fresh out of school and starting their first real job and argue with me about how to do things.

Sorry. I'm ranting about work on my day off. Good grief. I must have issues.:oops:

·
Registered
311 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Sorry. I'm ranting about work on my day off. Good grief. I must have issues.:oops:
Now that is funny. :lol:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Great pics Roger, show as many as you like. Some of us enjoy custom bikes. Tim

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shuckaduck said:
Great pics Roger, show as many as you like. Some of us enjoy custom bikes. Tim
Thx, Tim. I`ll see if I have any more that are interesting enough to post. Did you see my other two threads, with the motorcycle show pics ?

Before I do however, perhaps I should clear it with Steve Smith. :wink:

Roger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gee, did I push a few buttons?
a) I'm a seasoned rider of 31 years
b) I'm not exactly a "young'n" at nearly 52 years old
c) I have personally created two custom , multiple award winning turbo charged sport bikes
d)I have currently 57 awards and one national record to my credit
e) I have helped organize and judge several bike shows.

Let's see what response someone would get by posting custom Japanese sport bikes on a harley web site. Oh and, my own personal custom sport bikes were 100% legal and street driven ( not to mention raced at the local drag strip with NO problems). Everyone's entitled to there own opinions, right?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes SS everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however we know what opinions are like and your comment about posting pics of custom metric bikes on a Harley sight makes yours smell worse than others.

You guys must think that all Harley Riders are stuck in the 60's and 70''s and are all a bunch of Hells Angels. If you would attend any of the Major or just Large rallies held all over the U S you would see that they attract all types and brands of bikes and everyone seems to get along just fine, and everyone enjoys looking at all hte bikes in the shows and on the streets at those rallies.

Keep em coming Rog, you did a great job taking those pics and I also love to see all bikes that are stock and custom!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts